Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to the Theatre Royal tonight?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As others have said, a great night with nearly all my old heroes.

Great to see Sully looking so well and seriously impressed with how sprightly John Templeman was (he and Powney played in the first game I went to in 1970).

Agreed with this. Was Sully on the juice? The footballer, not you. :)

Very interesting to hear John Templeman's take on Clough and Taylor. They never turned up until the day of the game. No wonder we were tanked by the likes of Bristol Rovers and Walton and Hersham!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agreed with this. Was Sully on the juice? The footballer, not you. :)

Very interesting to hear John Templeman's take on Clough and Taylor. They never turned up until the day of the game. No wonder we were tanked by the likes of Bristol Rovers and Walton and Hersham!

Yet not much mentioned about taylor who turned the club round and laid the foundations for mullery.....which actually mullery alluded to.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yet not much mentioned about taylor who turned the club round and laid the foundations for mullery.....which actually mullery alluded to.

Noticed that. I have always rated Taylor. Clough was overated imho. without PT he wouldn't have won anything like what the records show. (Leeds United and Forest after PT left prove my point). I'm guessing Taylor was "allowed" to be a full time manager once Clough pi$$ed of up to Leeds.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It sounds like a great evening. Because of work, I couldn't make it but would happily buy a DVD if the show was recorded. Does anyone know if there are plans to bring one out? (and if there aren't, they've missed a trick there)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What a fantastic she that was.
So many familiar faces and on stage.
Garry Richardson shot up in my estimation
Peter Brackley was superb
The explayers were excellent
How on earth was Sully so young? ???
Those who missed it..... so sorry you missed an epic night.
Too many highlights to list.
A, Had to be there evening. ��

All of this an amazing night.
393b333f98be3abc7fa39b80065513c2.jpg

09a5da6a4cae0759ec8b59e618f528a1.jpg

Hopefully the photo's come out. Apologies if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As others have said, a great night with nearly all my old heroes.

Great to see Sully looking so well and seriously impressed with how sprightly John Templeman was (he and Powney played in the first game I went to in 1970).

Sully was so p!ssed [emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A terrific evening. Peter Brackley was tremendous and certainly carried Gary Richardson, who needed a bit of carrying.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Surprised to see how elderly, and seemingly frail, Des Lynam has become. For many years he was like Peter Pan, and never seemed to age. Now 74 he looked more like 84.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought she did brilliantly to recove from the difficult start of the last post. She was clearly nervous. It's a big stage when you're performing on your own.

I remember the last time I saw her play that bugle, on 26th April 1997, it was by the corner flag in the south west corner of the ground. What a shame it was that she wasn't allowed to play the last post in the centre circle.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It sounds like a great evening. Because of work, I couldn't make it but would happily buy a DVD if the show was recorded. Does anyone know if there are plans to bring one out? (and if there aren't, they've missed a trick there)

Lots of professional recording going on, so I imagine that there will be DVD at some point. They'll miss a fundraising trick if there isn't.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
All of this an amazing night.
393b333f98be3abc7fa39b80065513c2.jpg

09a5da6a4cae0759ec8b59e618f528a1.jpg

Hopefully the photo's come out. Apologies if not.

Was a great evening, but who was the guy sitting between Gerry Ryan & Eric Gill in the front row in the first photo (between Steve Foster & Eric Gill in the second) ?

I'm sure he was the only player not to be introduced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Brian Tawse

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here