Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
With kayal off form and Stephens not really bothering to play at the moment. The centre of midfield is horrible. No disrespect to them but sidwell and norwood are lower midtable plodders. We are consistently getting embarrassed away from home in midfield.
Yep....Got the strikers,wingers and defenders but the central midfield is just rubbish unless we get lucky and get the kayal/Stephens partnership booming again.

Norwood just isn't what we need in a 4-4-2 and Sidwell needs to be starting more....this has been the only weak area to be fair.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think it's a bit harsh to say Kayal is off form. He was poor last night but so were most others. He's still probably regaining fitness too. In a couple of weeks I expect him to be firing on all cylinders again, just need Dale back asap as well.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Do you ever think he plays deep because that's where CH wants him to be? Just a question

well maybe and obviously I :bowdown: to the manager, but for me there is often a gapping empty space between where our midfield two are and the front players and I do feel that sometimes we get overrun in midfield and I notice it more often when Norwood plays. Just my opinion.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He needs to play in a five man midfield or in a game where we dominate possession, otherwise he's a passenger who offers nothing defensively. He cannot cover enough ground to intercept or tackle, hence Huddersfield's midfield completely over running us.

Spot on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He needs to play in a five man midfield or in a game where we dominate possession, otherwise he's a passenger who offers nothing defensively. He cannot cover enough ground to intercept or tackle, hence Huddersfield's midfield completely over running us.

Wow - a post on NSC that shows genuine football knowledge :clap2:

This is why Stephens & Kayal work so well - they can both compete even when outnumbered and still dominate / compete well in the midfield most games.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
well maybe and obviously I :bowdown: to the manager, but for me there is often a gapping empty space between where our midfield two are and the front players and I do feel that sometimes we get overrun in midfield and I notice it more often when Norwood plays. Just my opinion.

:thumbsup:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Do you remember on here around the time of Poyet/ Garcia/ there was this big desire to play 4-4-2 and get a bit more direct. It's largely been proven right.

But I'll say now what I said then. We need to play a formation that suits the personnel we have available and the opposition. In the same way we had games under Poyet/ Garcia that were crying out for 4-4-2, last night looked like a 4-5-1 night before the game and looked even more so after fifteen minutes.

Totally agree....

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
With him and Murphy on the pitch it's like only having 9 men.
Oh well, at least we've signed Murray up for the Championship next season.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
And to think I was shouted down when I said he wasn't very good back in October.

Look how well Reading did last year with him in the side, then look where they are now without him, coincidence?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Look how well Reading did last year with him in the side, then look where they are now without him, coincidence?

Yes, he's mostly rubbish in a 2 man midfield, he can't win a ball and his distribution has been pants all season, Reading played with 3 in midfield which bolstered his performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here