Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next year...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you were some Italian wonder kid, brought up in Rome. Where would you rather move to, Brighton or Hull?

Hull has a shiny stadium too, I agree. But that really is all Hull City can use to sign players. We, on the other hand, have the Sea-life centre, the i-tower, Hove Museum, Fatboy slims house and many other great city attractions which will tempt foreign players to our club more so than Hull.

And a world class music venue in the Concorde 2, our world famous beach, the Foredown camera obscura, Beachy Head nearby, the West Pier, the Booth Bird Museum, George Street Hove for shopping and finally to top it all off a rail service that is only an hour away from London. Any world class footballer couldn't fail to be swayed by that lot, could they?

On top of that, if you want to attract players and make them go "wow" drive them in on the Falmer Road from Woodingdean (maybe blindfold them for the bit through Woodingdean itself - only joking) - then watch their face as the Amex appears from nowhere from behind the hill - catches me every time I drive along that road - a beautiful sight, a thing of wonder! :clap:

Hull is the European city of culture for 2017. We can't compete with that sort of accolade.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We're in a decent position, but we're nowhere near promoted yet. We'll tell you about next season, next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've got 19 games to pull further away. There's some right old pessimists on here.
I'm not being pessimistic, I'm simply pointing out that we've not been promoted, which was suggested in the OP.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would rather enjoy this year while it happens than waste time and energy thinking about next season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Burnley have done superbly this season, and good luck for the forthcoming matches.

Any team for whom Ashley Barnes scores a 94th minute winner against Palace gets my approval.

We are a long long way from promotion, it's just one match at a time. This month will be critical.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
If you were some Italian wonder kid, brought up in Rome. Where would you rather move to, Brighton or Hull?

That's the Hull City, who yesterday signed (28 cap) Italy and Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hull is the European city of culture for 2017. We can't compete with that sort of accolade.

The Sea Life centre compare to The Deep :lol:
The KC Stadium is in the middle of a lovely park.

A couple of miles out of Hull and you are in beautiful countryside.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
The reason Burnley are doing so well this season is because during their previous PL season they banked the money, backed Dyche and didn't mind taking relegation knowing that the parachute payments would leave them in good stead. That's sound management all round, and as a result now they can lay out club record fees from a position of strength.

Good luck to them. Still bitter about their hoofball tactics and last minute equaliser against us in the run-in last season, mind

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Del boy Trotter has featured both Brighton and Hull in the classic series.

He gave a 'glowing' report of Brighton, suggested something 'fishy' about Hull and Burnley wasn't mentioned once!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think Burnley have done superbly this season, and good luck for the forthcoming matches.

Any team for whom Ashley Barnes scores a 94th minute winner against Palace gets my approval.

We are a long long way from promotion, it's just one match at a time. This month will be critical.

Ashley Barnes :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The reason Burnley are doing so well this season is because during their previous PL season they banked the money, backed Dyche and didn't mind taking relegation knowing that the parachute payments would leave them in good stead. That's sound management all round, and as a result now they can lay out club record fees from a position of strength.

Good luck to them. Still bitter about their hoofball tactics and last minute equaliser against us in the run-in last season, mind

They did have a perfectly good goal disallowed too though.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
They had a great plan. Spent very little in that first season. And bankrolled their promotion with the money they got and the parachute payments. And now they can afford to spend fairly big now and are reaping the rewards.
Well done to them. Should comfortably survive this season.

I'm still bitter about last season and the poaching of Ward the season before though.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
If we don't get promoted from this position will it ever happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

Hull has a shiny stadium too, I agree. But that really is all Hull City can use to sign players. We, on the other hand, have the Sea-life centre, the i-tower, Hove Museum, Fatboy slims house and many other great city attractions which will tempt foreign players to our club more so than Hull.
Don't forget the South Downs national park ,Bluebell railway, Wakehurst,Nymans, Sheffield Park, and you can play phoo sticks in Ashdown forest and we close to Burwash in Kent:stupid::whistle::facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here