Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hastings United FC - New Sports Village Project Proposal

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Combe Valley- is that the bit where the Bexhill link road now goes?

I work down that way quite a bit now. Hastings always strikes be as a bit sad and neglected: I'd have thought this kind of project (and anything that gives the place a bit of a lift) could only be a good thing. Let's hope there are some councillors with a bit of vision down in Hastings & Rother.

Combe Valley Way is the new link road, it was well flooded earlier when I drove up it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hastings has improved massively over the past 20 years. Still a lot of unemployment and social problems unfortunately.

I appreciated the pictures as well, though have only been here for 14 years, so don't remember some of them. My neighbour often laments the destruction of the old cricket ground. I fully endorse Quinney's points - my relatives in the Police all say that they do not get called out nearly as much as many years ago. Hastings is on the up, though there is still some way to go.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Can't make out the location. Is it the bulverhythe / glyne gap area? If so, good location for HUFC to include Rother in its catchment area & West st Leonards nearest station.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that for recconiscance for Op Retirement? :)

Ha, from my limited experience this year, Bexhill does appear to be superior even to Worthing and Eastbourne in terms of volume of pensioners :)

Genuinely hope they can get this kind of project through, for what it's worth. Would be good to see the area get some decent development.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If that's the case, will the tip have to move somewhere else.
Won't be very good next door to a new footy stadium?

To be honest, I am not totally certain. The tip is well back from the road, and I understand from the newspaper article that it will replace the playing fields between the road and the tip. But agreed -not the most romantic location in that respect. As with Brighton, as we know only too well, finding suitable areas is not the easiest.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ha, from my limited experience this year, Bexhill does appear to be superior even to Worthing and Eastbourne in terms of volume of pensioners :)
Very true :)
Genuinely hope they can get this kind of project through, for what it's worth. Would be good to see the area get some decent development.

Hastings needs it, very much so, it's quite sad to see some parts in decline, whenever we go down to visit family.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Ah, thanks. When I said Rother catchment area I meant more Bexhill tbh. A train station was touted but dismissed for glyne gap not so long ago, wonder if this will re-ignite the debate?
Yes, this may be the case -it all depends on how many folk will use the facility, I suppose. Hastings United tend to have about 300-440 fans for fortnightly matches, though all-weather pitches such as they have at present at Horntye, will keep the punters coming every day.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I want to see more multi sports facilities in Sussex it will be great to see Sussex CCC playing in Hastings and it would great if they include a decent running track. If they get the transport infrastructure sorted in East Sussex compinies would relocate to the area I can see it becoming an upcoming area to live and play.
We need HS4 London to Hastings :thumbsup:
HS5 Uckfield to Lewes:rolleyes::facepalm::yawn:

I want to see more multi sports facilities in Sussex it will be great to see Sussex CCC playing in Hastings and it would great if they include a decent running track. If they get the transport infrastructure sorted in East Sussex compinies would relocate to the area I can see it becoming an upcoming area to live and play.
We need HS4 London to Hastings :thumbsup:
HS5 Uckfield to Lewes:rolleyes::facepalm::yawn:

No chance of any facilities in mid sussex tbh! The council is full of buffons!:rolleyes:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Blimey - those pictures take me back to my mis-spent youth, especially this one....

IMG-20161104-WA0000.jpg

I used to frequent the cafe/club upstairs near the entrance to the cricket ground (always full of swedish and french girls in the summer) and the record shop over the road - can't remember the name of either though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Blimey - those pictures take me back to my mis-spent youth, especially this one....

I used to frequent the cafe/club upstairs near the entrance to the cricket ground (always full of swedish and french girls in the summer) and the record shop over the road - can't remember the name of either though.

Was the club above the pub, The Town Crier as it would have been in the photo? It's called MODA now and has a club above it now.

The record shop would have been Our Price, surely?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
No chance of any facilities in mid sussex tbh! The council is full of buffons!:rolleyes:
or in Brighton and Hove full of greens and left wingers who are anti competitive games in schools and shit local facilities.
Feel sorry for Peter Kyle seems a good bloke and they tried to stab him in the back.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

View attachment 79191

IMG-20161104-WA0004_kindlephoto-1572737.jpg

Talking about record shops, didn't Flyright records used to be here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here