Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You are the ref: Dale Stephens' challenge on Gaston Ramirez

What was the correct decision for the Dale Stephens' challenge?

• Total voters

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
At the time of seeing it I was angry just seeing dean getting a yellow card out, upon getting back and watching it on tv I can see why he showed a red.

For me this isn't the issue, it's the fact he has clearly changed his mind as a result of seeing the injury and I don't care what tosh he says about the assistant was the reason he changed his mind. He has been sent off for the injury he caused and not the tackle he made, that's why I'm so angry about the decision.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Shouldn't have been a red card.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wasn't even a foul. Stephens gently side footed the ball - you can tell that from the short distance it travelled - it was Ramirez's mistimed swing into Stephens' boots that injured him.

didnt notice until just watching the clip here... thats spot on. it looked like a 50/50 at the time and initial replay looked like Stephens a bit high, arguably yellow card (though strictly speaking no offense committed)

i think it will be recinded as there's no malicious intent, and Ramirez batting away the card - itself an offense?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
You can't change your mind just because the injured man swatted the card out of your hand, of course the guy wants him to be sent off, he's in agony and the adrenaline makes him quick tempered and angry. It's the refs bloody job to put that aside and make an IMPARTIAL judgement regardless of the injury, instead focusing on the actions of the player who caused the offence. Was it dangerous? Yes. Was it a red card? f*ck off.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
If they don't rescind the red my illusionment with football will truly be dis-'d

How that scrote Barton can get away with a premeditated assault on Beram, and Dale be severely punished for being better than that tosser Ramirez...

I will drink to Dean's early retirement, the arrogant ****

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
To see people use the 'he won the ball arguement' makes me think I'm back in 2005. Makes no difference.

But it wasn't reckless either, he simply caught the guy out won the ball and the other guy kicked Stephens. It shouldn't even be a free kick.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Probably just about a yellow these days, and what I would call a European yellow. I struggle how Stephens is deemed responsible for Ramirez following through and not wearing pads.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Mike Dean gave a red card for the injury....not for the tackle.
Total WANKER
If Gaston had worn shin pads, he wouldnt have got cut and needed "oxygen", and if he hadnt pulled his socks down, then Dean would have
stuck with just a yellow. ****

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If they don't rescind the red my illusionment with football will truly be dis-'d

How that scrote Barton can get away with a premeditated assault on Beram, and Dale be severely punished for being better than that tosser Ramirez...

I will drink to Dean's early retirement, the arrogant ****

Yep, with characters like Barton, Dean and Ramirez football is rotten. Days like today just make me want to walk away.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Studs are up and they have caused considerable damage to the opponent.

I'm sure Sephens didn't mean to hurt Ramirez, but it is obviously reckless.

I think it is a red.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
If two players clash heads and one cuts his head, is this a red card? Imo it's the same outcome.

What didn't help was the ref had to speak to gaston the ladybird and also Stephens 5 minutes before.

Badly got this one wrong ref.
Lovely Gaston the ladybird reference!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here