Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We will still need another as cover if Dunk goes, I remember last season when, due to yellow cards, we were very close to missing both Dunk and Greer at the same time. Minor injury/suspensions could leave us in trouble

I agree, we should be looking to keep all 3, but realistic the above is if someone is injured or suspended, they could be less than 90% of the season meaning someone on the bench. If that was to happen then a Loan could be drafted in or Rea....Calderon, also can Liam Rosenior play in a CB spot as cover short term??

Hopefully wrong, if Greer wasn't captain I would be thinking this is Greer's replacement but lets face it 4M + is a lot of money, coupled with Blooms comments of every player has his price, I fear Dunky will be off. Although to Fulham would be stupid in player development imo.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus Aug 11 South East, England
Update on Uwe Hunemeier. Expected to sign today, subject to medical, as replacement for Aaron Hughes, not Dunk. Fee around £1.4m. #bhafc

Sorry, couldn't see this. AN is confident, as am I. Greer is old, and will pick up injuries. Uwe might even be better, who knows?

Well I hope naylor has got this one right. A lot of fans will be pissed off with the club if we sell to Fulham, replacement or not. A PL team is fine ( can't stand in way of playing at top level)but a champ team that was as crap as us last season is just daft.

albionite

May 20, 2009
And it did - And I am braced for everyone to say that it was easy to predict it, so best not to put my head on the chopping block with any more

I'll say it again what have you got right so far? Or will you just ignore this one aswell

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To the tune of the lion king i should add

Oh, see i would have gone for hunemata (can't spell that).

Uwe Hunemeier, what a wonderful name
Uwe Hunemeier, his TACKLE is not tame
We'll have no worries, for the rest of our days
He's our problem free
Guy from Germany
Uwe Hunemeier.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Sadly, I fear this is the case. I've been told Dunk is off, the source is normally fairly spot on. I think we'll find this is Dunk's replacement and Rea will be sitting on the bench.

Hope I am wrong with what I have been told, because as the above has stated this would really be a good bit of business.#

The reason why I think he would go, from my point of view....

Greer is the captain, so wont step down to the bench, nor will Dunk. Uwe is a former captain and would not want to be sitting 3rd fiddle, someone will need to lose a place and with the bid(s) for Dunk and additional outside interest then you can guess the the club (FFP and all that) would look to sell. You can't keep all 3 happy imo.
WHat do you mean "Greer is the captain, so wont step down to the bench"????? Does that come from your source as well...... I think you'll find he'll have no choice its he's dropped.

We don't need to keep all three happy, Greer isn't good enough for where we need to be this season, hopefully the German is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does this signing mean we can ditch the Harvey's and replace it with some decent German lager?

Here's hoping! Rothaus all round. I'm looking forward to a German themed match as well.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'll say it again what have you got right so far? Or will you just ignore this one aswell

I PM's someone on here and let them know that there was a player about to sign just before Resenior signed. Cant remember who that was I messaged though. Some things you cant put on a public forum like this or people never tell you things ever again.

Sent another PM out. Lets see if that transfer happens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here