Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sorry but...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was watching in Betfred when Murray scored that dramatic winner. Went berserk! I frightened the staff and punters on the roulette machines but manager is a Derby fan so he was a bit pissed off that their winning run came to an end. :clap:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The only times teams in the history of the Championship that clubs have had 48 points or more after 22 games are :

Brighton (48) and Newcastle (49) 2016/17
Newcastle (49) 2009/10 - Champions
Reading (53) and Sheffield Utd (49) 2005/6 - Champions and 2nd.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A sign of a good side is going down a goal away from home and being able to up their game and turn it around.
We did exactly that tonight - we have a team and a manager with that mindset - last year we would have taken the draw with 10 to go - but this bunch believe in themselves.
Time for us to believe in them too ....

#awesome

Last year we did exactly the same thing at St Andrews. We went 1-0 down & came back to win 2-1. We didn't leave it quite so late, then.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
The difference this season is that we have the ability to come back from behind. Something we've lacked in the past. Hence out of 21 games unbeaten last season we had 11 wins, and this season we already have 12 out of 16. WE ARE GOING UP!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The difference this season is that we have the ability to come back from behind. Something we've lacked in the past. Hence out of 21 games unbeaten last season we had 11 wins, and this season we already have 12 out of 16. WE ARE GOING UP!!!

There's several differences this season (depth of squad mostly, Murray/Duffy etc, full seasons for Knockeart, ability to start beating the top 6 or thereabout teams - Brum, Sheff Weds, Huddersfield, Leeds, Norwich) but ability to come back from behind ?
We did it several times last season and didn't do it many times more mostly because we hardly ever went behind.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's the poorest I've seen us play this season. We won.

I thought we played pretty well. They were set up to make it hard for us, they played committed, strong football, wanting to prove something to the new boss, and we stood up to it all, they never had a spell of dominance, and we completely stamped all over them in the last 20 after the subs had been made. Consummate away performance with a 94th minute winner to put a cherry on top.

I think we only have 2, maybe 3 harder games than that for the rest of the season, Leeds and Villa away and Newcastle at home.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Compared to last season, which was good, this is a positive ball, invited to the party by Selena Gomez and rogered by Donny Trump (I am joking, no seriously).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The only times teams in the history of the Championship that clubs have had 48 points or more after 22 games are :

Brighton (48) and Newcastle (49) 2016/17
Newcastle (49) 2009/10 - Champions
Reading (53) and Sheffield Utd (49) 2005/6 - Champions and 2nd.

Interesting that. Looking at the table now, 13 wins from 24 games might do it... 14 from 24 surely would. Neither of those seems impossible with this team - and that's if we lose all the other matches. I'm trying really hard not to be TOO optimistic but with Kayal and Rosenior still to add into the mix plus possible strengthening in January it should be a good season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A sign of a good side is going down a goal away from home and being able to up their game and turn it around.
We did exactly that tonight - we have a team and a manager with that mindset
Agreed.

last year we would have taken the draw with 10 to go
Not necessarily, there were a good few times when they went for it and got a winner. This season however, they've been more like that from the start, as the goal has been top two from day one, and they know some draws cost us last season.

Yoda

English & European
My other half, who's not into football, said on about 60-65 minutes it'll either finish 1-0 or 1-1. I said "There's just as much change of Brighton winning 2-1 which is what I'd prefer", and look what goes and happens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Me too.

I now finally believe we've staved of relegation, for this season.

It certainly comes as a relief.
You made exactly the same joke after Tuesday's win. To be fair, you were replying to pretty much the same posts on Tuesday, maybe you're all stuck on a loop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here