Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going to smash the championship!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'm confused are we relegation fodder or title winners now?

*scratches head*

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I would love to think so,but have been supporting this wonderfull football club of ours to know that anything and everything can and usually does go wrong.One thing we are is consistently inconsistent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did I think what?

Didn't we beat Swindon that season anyway? Have you been drinking?

Well, we got mullerred 3-0 at Swindon the season before last and still finished 4th I think is the point. You can't read a LOT into those early season league cup games, as Sammi put a bit of a scratch side out anyway. Playing in front of 5,000 wurzels in the early rounds of a two-bob cup is not a true pointer to how a Championship season is going to unfold.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This season wil Sami and his new teams learning curve I think, be great to be wrong but I will move my earlier prediction of 15th to about 10th possibly.

Stumpy Tim

Well, we got mullerred 3-0 at Swindon the season before last and still finished 4th I think is the point. You can't read a LOT into those early season league cup games, as Sammi put a bit of a scratch side out anyway. Playing in front of 5,000 wurzels in the early rounds of a two-bob cup is not a true pointer to how a Championship season is going to unfold.
I'm not reading much into anything. I'm saying we shouldn't be saying we are going to smash the league based on a few signings

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that we already have one hand on the league cup, might disrupt/delay our promotion party.

Obvious adding the FA cup will be tough, but assuming we tidy up the league kerfuffle by mid February, I see no reason for a cup double, while the kids see out the league dead rubbers.

The 3 figure plus goal difference was a surprising bonus.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not reading much into anything. I'm saying we shouldn't be saying we are going to smash the league based on a few signings

Agreed. Neither should we write ourselves off because Swindon played a few nice triangles around some of our benchers / ressies.

As ever with NSC though, and I'm not directing this at you, there's always an element who see us as either worldbeaters or fodder according to the results or events of the last 7 days.

Stumpy Tim

Agreed. Neither should we write ourselves off because Swindon played a few nice triangles around some of our benchers / ressies.

As ever with NSC though, and I'm not directing this at you, there's always an element who see us as either worldbeaters or fodder according to the results or events of the last 7 days.

I didn't write us off either. I said, "We were just out-played by Swindon. I'm not sure I'm ready to say we're going to smash the Championship quite yet". I'm surprised anyone can find something wrong with that statement to be honest. Hence, I believe [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] has either been drinking, or is on the smack :smile:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
id like to think we can push for a playoff spot and if teams like fulham falter and our lot gel quick we could push for autos might as well reach for the stars sometimes u get to the moon reach for the moon and you know the rest..........

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Check back, I've always said Play Offs

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think we've probably got the personnel now for a play-off push. The question for me is how quickly they can perform under the Hyypia system and how many problems we have with injuries.

On paper we have a pretty competitive squad. But we won't "smash the Championship".

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You simply cannot rule anything out in this league. Its all down to whoever gets their sh*t together, which teams gel better, which teams are consistent, which teams get lucky, stay injury-free and which teams dont implode (IE Fulham are already starting to). We may well win the league, we may well also get relegated - who knows ?

I stick to my pre-season prediction of 8th, but that really is a guess as I genuinely have no idea, which is one reason why the Championship is such a good league to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here