Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who owns a dog?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Who knew that a thread on dog ownership could prove such excellent entertainment :lol:

I think it's GUARANTEED that an NSC thread on dogs will result in US thinking everyone is out to get him.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
No dog currently but I keep getting nagged by the kids and better half that we need one. I've agreed just as long as one of them clears the sh1t from the garden and walks it when it's p1ssing down with rain.

Favourites at the moment are a Springer or a Flat Coated Retriever.

Good luck with that.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm sat on a train heading south towards Helsinki with my wife who buried her dad on Saturday. It's a long journey home. I can't help but think of all the NSC posters that have lost loved ones over the years that I have been a member of this online community. I also can't help but notice that none of them have carped on about their personal loss for 6 months as if it were the only tragedy to ever befall mankind.

Well that's going to have lit the blue touch paper!

Stanley after the Derby away game.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 269

solly

Aug 31, 2005
English Bulldog rescued from Spain, 18 months old. A more willful and defiant beast you would not meet, I would defy anyone to teach it anything ..... however we love her dearly and she seems to have let us stay in her house. Cant wait for the day when she gets one of the seagulls that regularly taunt her tho : )

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
My advice to anyone thinking of getting a dog is don't bother or if you have to get a really really really small dog thats cheap to run....... Remember that years of inbreeding (we don't allow humans to do it) will result in the dog possibly being a psychopath or as a minimum an absolute nutter so avoid 'breeds' if you must get a breed then a small dog is manageable when it finally flips and tries to kill your family and you should be able to nail it first.

These things are like having to look after a baby for at least ten years......you will lose your life and freedom and sanity (and a fair chunk of money in vets fees , kennel fees etc) when the rest of the family get bored , go back to their xbox and PS4's and its left up to you to wander the streets trying to tire the mutt out and having to pick up the (easily) degradable shit and wrap it a plastic bag that will take 5,000,000 years to decompose.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think, having seen a few recent responses on here, that perhaps I can safely confess that I actually have a slight phobia about dogs. I can quite easily appreciate that many of them are beautiful, and are no doubt sweet, and even tempered, and great company in the way that a cat isn't.

But I can't deal with dogs jumping up at me (probably in the same context that [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] mentioned it), I can't stand it when they lick you (they lick their own arses! They eat other animals' shit!). No matter how sweet they are, I just can't deal with any of those things, and if someone presents their hound to me, I confess I can gingerly pat it on the head, but the second it makes any sudden movement, I'll yank my hand away for fear of being bitten. No idea why, I don't recall ever actually being bitten by one, but it's just always been like that for me. The only ones that have never scared me are the trained search dogs (springers) they use at work. Even the German or Belgian shepherds they use scare the life out of me. And I maintain that they do smell of dog, and I don't like that smell. I guess owners get used to that though.

What I do find difficult is that owners, without fail, will grin inanely at you when their giant canine is leaping up at you, slobbering all over you and generally scaring the life out of you, always, ALWAYS coming out with the horrifically inconsiderate "Oh it's ok, he's only PLAYING". Dog owners can never, ever grasp that not everyone shares their passion for the creatures, or that they might not welcome Fido jumping up in their faces. Instead, they mainly seem to think it's hilarious.

Like I said, I can quite happily appreciate some of them from a distance. I've seen lots of absolutely beautiful dogs on this thread. I just know that I will never, ever have one, no matter where life takes me.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think, having seen a few recent responses on here, that perhaps I can safely confess that I actually have a slight phobia about dogs. I can quite easily appreciate that many of them are beautiful, and are no doubt sweet, and even tempered, and great company in the way that a cat isn't.

But I can't deal with dogs jumping up at me (probably in the same context that @Stumpy Tim mentioned it), I can't stand it when they lick you (they lick their own arses! They eat other animals' shit!). No matter how sweet they are, I just can't deal with any of those things, and if someone presents their hound to me, I confess I can gingerly pat it on the head, but the second it makes any sudden movement, I'll yank my hand away for fear of being bitten. No idea why, I don't recall ever actually being bitten by one, but it's just always been like that for me. The only ones that have never scared me are the trained search dogs (springers) they use at work. Even the German or Belgian shepherds they use scare the life out of me. And I maintain that they do smell of dog, and I don't like that smell. I guess owners get used to that though.

What I do find difficult is that owners, without fail, will grin inanely at you when their giant canine is leaping up at you, slobbering all over you and generally scaring the life out of you, always, ALWAYS coming out with the horrifically inconsiderate "Oh it's ok, he's only PLAYING". Dog owners can never, ever grasp that not everyone shares their passion for the creatures, or that they might not welcome Fido jumping up in their faces. Instead, they mainly seem to think it's hilarious.

Like I said, I can quite happily appreciate some of them from a distance. I've seen lots of absolutely beautiful dogs on this thread. I just know that I will never, ever have one, no matter where life takes me.

I'm waiting for 2 or 3 mods to come along and agree with everything you have said.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I kinda agree with Bozza in relation to dogs knowing that their owners have to clear up their mess, as mine ( see post #110 ) will do her business in front of me, on a footpath on the Downs, ( instead of going two or three metres either side into the scrub ) give me a knowing look that I have to carry her waste around at arms length until we get home.

Downs is downs ..........the sheep shit everywhere !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No dog currently but I keep getting nagged by the kids and better half that we need one. I've agreed just as long as one of them clears the sh1t from the garden and walks it when it's p1ssing down with rain.

Favourites at the moment are a Springer or a Flat Coated Retriever.

Good choices WS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here