Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
This is Parish's statement at the beginning of the season, when the AU first threw their toys out......

"We explained to the Fanatics that we felt it would be hugely unfair and disruptive - as well as potentially cause a great deal of ill feeling towards their group - if we pressed ahead. Instead, we promised that we would revisit this once the Main Stand was rebuilt"

"...unless 100 supporters at the centre of block E would like to give up their seats voluntarily on the basis that the club will do its very best to find them alternatives, there is no real prospect of facilitating their wish of a move to the centre of Block E at this time"

"We remain open to any ideas and sensible solutions that do not disadvantage our other valued supporters"

Perhaps he should explain what's changed.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is Parish's statement at the beginning of the season, when the AU first threw their toys out......

"We explained to the Fanatics that we felt it would be hugely unfair and disruptive - as well as potentially cause a great deal of ill feeling towards their group - if we pressed ahead. Instead, we promised that we would revisit this once the Main Stand was rebuilt"

"...unless 100 supporters at the centre of block E would like to give up their seats voluntarily on the basis that the club will do its very best to find them alternatives, there is no real prospect of facilitating their wish of a move to the centre of Block E at this time"

"We remain open to any ideas and sensible solutions that do not disadvantage our other valued supporters"

They had a few games with a normal Sellhurst atmosphere and he thought "**** em"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That doesn't usually stop the goonsquad on here.

Deafening silence innit.

Exactly. Except this time they're in Catch 22. They either support Parish like they normally do (in which case they are defending the indefensible and slagging off their own fans) or they go against him and the HF which would be a massive U turn for them.

What a shame.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. Except this time they're in Catch 22. They either support Parish like they normally do (in which case they are defending the indefensible and slagging off their own fans) or they go against him and the HF which would be a massive U turn for them.

What a shame.

Below us in the table, haven’t scored at home this season and now this, we can’t be that suprised they have all fecked off. They only come on here when they’re winning historically anyway.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Below us in the table, haven’t scored at home this season and now this, we can’t be that suprised they have all fecked off. They only come on here when they’re winning historically anyway.

Not likely any time soon either:

Sun 21st Oct Everton (A)
Sun 28th Oct Arsenal (H)
Sun 4th Nov Chelsea (A)
Sat 10th Nov Spurs (H)
Sat 24th Nov Man Utd (A)

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
* #5013**

*Today, 08:28 AM

Stone Eagle*

ok I sent an email to the customer service address on the letter over the weekend, this was returned 3 times as it did not reach the recipient, this morning I rang the number on the letter and was told by the lady answering the phone that she didn't have any answers to questions and didn't know why this number was on the letter, they can't even do this properly so how so how can you expect them to reset seats for the whole Holmesdale

What a complete shambles the spiv disney is and that so called club.

I'm so so grateful we have Tony Bloom.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not likely any time soon either:

Sun 21st Oct Everton (A)
Sun 28th Oct Arsenal (H)
Sun 4th Nov Chelsea (A)
Sat 10th Nov Spurs (H)
Sat 24th Nov Man Utd (A)

Unfortunately those are just the sort of games they do win :down:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The nearest I have ever come to the HF is to watch them from my toilet seat in Block W of the Arthur Wait and undeniably they have made a massive contribution to home support and atmosphere with their organised singing and general shittiness (not too keen on the drum myself – it’s usually a sign of weak support when you need artificial noise to boost the decibels).
(Corrected for my own inner humour:))

More bleeding heart, banging on about loyalty :sick:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Originally posted by Spitfire
With well over 200 pages on the HF and this thread combined one thing strikes me as missing.

No comment from the HF, no one seeming to purport to be part of it. Their entire dealings seem under the radar and secretive, yet they have the ear of the club / SP because of singing and waving flags at home games (which I do think adds to atmosphere)

I say home games as I rarely see them away from home and I've only missed one away game in 3 seasons.

Many of the Block E people I know have been to many more away games as well as having their home ST's. The HF's importance, impact and fanaticism seems to be massively overstated.

There appears to me no reason why they couldn't continue in block B adding to their membership as seats in that section became available. They chose not to come as a group, nobody stopped them.

To then be allowed back next season, in their own bigger section, to the detriment of 400 of the most loyal and long serving supporters is scandalous.

Steve Parish you should hang your head in shame.

Reply :

They got the hump because their sole reason for being there (to goad and wind up the opposition fans, not to support the club) was taken away when the away fans were moved to the other end of the Arthur to avoid higher policing costs.

No point in staying to just bang a drum and sing a bit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This issue has become so deeply toxic and devisive it promises to poison the atmosphere at every Palace home game between now and the end of the season. Parish couldn't have handled it any worse even if we'd written the playbook for him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This issue has become so deeply toxic and devisive it promises to poison the atmosphere at every Palace home game between now and the end of the season. Parish couldn't have handled it any worse even if we'd written the playbook for him.
[emoji23][emoji106]yep it's brilliant

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Good find, and you're exactly right. Those that are now being unceremoniously displaced should be taking that statement to him and demanding an explanation for such a rapid change of heart.

This is right up there with his u-turn on Frank de Boer, a little over a year ago.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We have a statement from Block E supporters that are effected.

DpjwmbVWkAA_MLK.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here