Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dec/Jan TV schedules

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Obvious Chelsea would have to be moved for their Europa League involvement and Arsenal on Boxing Day was a TV pick given, but Liverpool at home is a 3pm Saturday again - Love it. :clap:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh well, at least we still have a home match on Boxing Day I guess.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well I’ve made a pre-emptive strike and bought train tickets for our Huddersfield away fixture at 3.00 pm on Saturday 1st December. If any of that changes I will be employing my chainsaw for use on something other than wood. As it happens the train tix are a bargain (with rail card) - £15.00 each way Euston to Manchester Piccadilly, £9.00 return Manchester to Huddersfield.

The issue of the flexibility of pre-ordered train tickets has been taken up by the Football Supporters' Federation in their meetings with the Premier League.

The Premier League, for their part, have been trying to have meetings with the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) who, at best, are ambivalent to the idea - and it worst totally disinterested. It's a work in progress, but we are dealing with a government department (Department for Transport) which is beyond useless, and a government which still chooses to vilify football fans through prejudicial laws.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Obvious Chelsea would have to be moved for their Europa League involvement and Arsenal on Boxing Day was a TV pick given, but Liverpool at home is a 3pm Saturday again - Love it. :clap:

Apparently, according to the PL, Liverpool had at least two juicy games (their words) in December that Sky specifically wanted to show. Their game against us was never going to be one of them.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I wonder what level of service Southern will be providing on Boxing day and if it will be a festive transport nightmare.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very happy with it. The three that have changed date or time will probably be the only three I get to before second week of January :O

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
It's outrageous that we'be only been picked once. Tossed aside like a rag doll. We don't even get a Monday night in Burnley to look forward to. Sky have made no secret as to who their new plaything is. Wolves Have been picked 6 times.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I wonder what level of service Southern will be providing on Boxing day and if it will be a festive transport nightmare.

Won't be any will there? Still, won't be as bad as getting out of Stamford Bridge last year.

Sober relatives come into their own on this Fun Festive St Stephen's Day. Pick-ups and drop-offs

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Won't be any will there? Still, won't be as bad as getting out of Stamford Bridge last year.

Sober relatives come into their own on this Fun Festive St Stephen's Day. Pick-ups and drop-offs

At the moment according to national rail there are no trains between Lewes/ Brighton and Falmer and nothing from London to Lewes/Brighton.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Praying for no changes in early December. Took a gamble and booked up a short trip to Warsaw.

Winter is never a good time to invade Poland......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

At the moment according to national rail there are no trains between Lewes/ Brighton and Falmer and nothing from London to Lewes/Brighton.

There was a match-day Lewes-Brighton shuttle service for the Reading game on Boxing Day 4 years ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bugger. Working in London on the Chelsea weekend. Looks like my Chelsea supporting brother will have to withness in th flesh the hazards* of undrstimating the Albion

*gedditt??

:wozza:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bugger. Working in London on the Chelsea weekend. Looks like my Chelsea supporting brother will have to withness in th flesh the hazards* of undrstimating the Albion

*gedditt??

:wozza:
If you're planning on giving your ST to an away fan then I feel obliged to dob you in to Barber via [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION].

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you're planning on giving your ST to an away fan then I feel obliged to dob you in to Barber via [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION].

Planning an act of bhafc deviance isn't a crime. Actually going through with it on the other hand ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No one likes a grass. :rolleyes:

Don't worry. He won't be lurching about yelling 'Chelsea!'. He's been to enough BHA games with me over the years (more than 100), including our first (in 1969). If [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] can behave himself at a BHA Chelsea game, I'm sure my mild-mannered* brother can.

*sorry, swivel-eyed arm-chair Sandinista :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No one likes a grass. :rolleyes:

Don't worry. He won't be lurching about yelling 'Chelsea!'. He's been to enough BHA games with me over the years (more than 100), including our first (in 1969). If [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] can behave himself at a BHA Chelsea game, I'm sure my mild-mannered* brother can.

*sorry, swivel-eyed arm-chair Sandinista :lolol:

I thought it wouldbt bother me at the last brighton v chelsea game , i felt dirty sat with the "opposition" fans :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Snivelling grass , what a sad individual you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here