Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your biggest disappointments as as Albion fan?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The Smiths - Gordon, Bobby and Graeme

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Thought I was going to be the first to this one! A trophy steeped in history was well within our grasp and we threw it away. The cup final replay was a disappointment but probably expected. As for the Goldstone, it was a dump and I'm not sure anyone would swap the Amex for it, so losing it was not a concern to me, what was dire was the way it was done and the attempt to run the club into the ground.

Four minutes to get it over the line. That wonderful trophy was ours. A straight forward shot straight at the keeper!
WTF! That really hurt.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Saints Spurs wasn't a disappointment as we all knew it was going to be a draw. Smith may have been disappointing but after 120 minutes I was shattered but still elated at a draw. My biggest disappointment is getting the train to lewes rather than Brighton the night of promotion 2017

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Failing to win the Championship in 2017 was pretty disappointing. Lost bragging rights to a Newcastle fan and I was in the Norwich end for the 2-0 defeat at Carrow Road which started the major slump. My Norwich supporting buddy wasn't very subtle in referring to "your team" and "your Premier League club" so everyone knew and I got a bit of stick. Fair enough, considering the double own goal from our goalkeeper, but a shame nonetheless.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Smith's miss at Wembley and the players going on holiday effectivley handing the Championship title to Newcastle.

D

Deleted member 2719

1) The sacking of Dean Wilkins
2) Losing to Warnock at Wembley
3) The way the fan/customer is treated currently just a number, previously a valuable asset.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
1) The sacking of Dean Wilkins
2) Losing to Warnock at Wembley
3) The way the fan/customer is treated currently just a number, previously a valuable asset.

Oh yeah, I remember being a “valuable asset” from the mid-90s during the Bellend/Archer/Stanley years....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh yeah, I remember being a “valuable asset” from the mid-90s during the Bellend/Archer/Stanley years....
He is still banging on about not getting a free shirt despite practically no-one on here agreeing with him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He is still banging on about not getting a free shirt despite practically no-one on here agreeing with him.

Was that the one where he had seven years to sign his daughter up for the Young Seagulls scheme, didn't bother until it was too late, then threw a strop at the club for not accomodating him?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Selling Peter Ward to Forest (1980).
Not being able to see Maradona grace the Goldstone pitch in the ECWC (1983).
Mick Ferguson named as striker when we didn’t turn up vs Stains in FA Cup quarter final (1986).
Warnock’s anti-football win at Wembley (1991).
Zaha beating us in the play-off semi final (2013).
Gaston Ramirez and Mike Dean’s complete and utter toss-pottery (2016).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
losing the Goldstone

Took 14 years to find a new permanent home, but, as fondly as I remember it, losing the Goldstone was a blessing in disguise.

Smith must score sticks out as a very sore thumb.
Strangely the two sendings off v Burnley still sticks in my throat.
Sami Hyypiä
Brian Clough
Selling Peter Ward
Selling Mark Lawrenson
Stanley, Archer, Belotti

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here