Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“We do hope that in time you will see that the sacrifice you are making is for the benefit of everyone.”

Puts me in mind of a certain Ishiguro dystopian novel. It’s vile that those fans have no choice but to become the sacrificial lambs. How utterly spiteful of Parish and his squadristi.

I had found this story hilarious for some time but my mirth has gradually turned to bewilderment and now to slight anger and empathy about the awful treatment to fans I generally hate.

The LH400 certainly won’t want mine or our sympathies but they have it for the time being. It’s probably only relegation that can save their seats now (as there is no chance of a singing section for Championship football) so let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do i care ? Not when it involves this shitty club. Let the circus continue. They created this laughable mess in the first place.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Incredible.

A group of fans holding the club to ransom to get better seats and the club fell for it.

Palace really are a very very odd club. A bit like the old Wimbledon but have to managed to sustain a presence with the ridiculous levels of tv money.

I agree with some of their fans on the forum. They require a sustained period in the Championship (probably with new owners) to get back to reality.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The FSF are well in with the homesdale pathetics.

That's just sad. The weird thing is not only in the next couple of seasons do they plan to have 8,000 new seats and therefore plenty of space for groups to move together. It is also hoped that in the 2020/21 season safe standing will be allowed in the Premier League. People with season tickets will be affected by that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's just sad. The weird thing is not only in the next couple of seasons do they plan to have 8,000 new seats and therefore plenty of space for groups to move together. It is also hoped that in the 2020/21 season safe standing will be allowed in the Premier League. People with season tickets will be affected by that.
Probably tells you something about the likelihood of that stand being built any time soon.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably tells you something about the likelihood of that stand being built any time soon.
Alternatively the expected cost of the seats therein.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Parrish is actually quite useless but his strength is he gets it right eventually (sadly).
That's not what the Palace accounts (when eventually filed) said. More like he's winging it like the spiv chancer that he is.

They haven't even got planning permission for the stand yet. I'd be amazed if it gets built in anything like the time frame he's suggested.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do i care ? Not when it involves this shitty club. Let the circus continue. They created this laughable mess in the first place.

I care, but only for the simple reason that any self inflicted misfortune that affects another bottom half PL club gives us a welcome opportunity of finishing one place higher. Similar to my attitude to the toon's 'crisis'.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
That's not what the Palace accounts (when eventually filed) said. More like he's winging it like the spiv chancer that he is.

They haven't even got planning permission for the stand yet. I'd be amazed if it gets built in anything like the time frame he's suggested.

I'm sure it will take a fair while longer than they stated, and of course it will be everybody else's fault and nothing to do with Palace (nothing is ever their fault).

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Come on, do the right thing. The only reason the German Ryan Harley and the Norwegian Billy Paynter have been shite is they haven't had a couple of hundred Spurs supporting chavs in knock off Stone Island drawing pictures for them on their nan's old bedsheets to get them going.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
0e65e297a462cab0d6c5f2c48b8b6121.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They're not happy, are they?

"Why should something that should benefit everyone be handled so badly that it sets fan against fan? It's almost like this club solution was devised by a Brighton fan..."

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
0e65e297a462cab0d6c5f2c48b8b6121.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That is pathetic in the true sense of the word.

They are coming across like ex-partners who have been treated appallingly, but who can't move on from the relationship. 'Please come back! I can change! We can make this work!'

Cue Mike Skinner -

'Dry your eyes Steve, I know it's hard, but their minds have been made up. There's plenty more fans of your team
Dry your eyes Steve, I know you said you'd ban them, but then you never did and they still walked away now. It's over.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here