Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Mike Ashley has been sucking the soul out of Newcastle United, we are a club who have stood up to garbage owners in the past , stand in solidarity with the Newcastle fans and the lads against Ashley, make Mike Ashley know clubs are a community not a money making machine, think of all the Newcastle fans who made you welcome on an away day, time and place will be updated.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll stand up against Ashley, just as soon as the season ticket buying, game going, shirt wearing, concession buying, Sports Direct shopping, horse punching Geordies do.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Mike Ashley has been sucking the soul out of Newcastle United, we are a club who have stood up to garbage owners in the past , stand in solidarity with the Newcastle fans and the lads against Ashley, make Mike Ashley know clubs are a community not a money making machine, think of all the Newcastle fans who made you welcome on an away day, time and place will be updated.

I’m all for solidarity amongst fellow football supporters but does this count.
They have a fantastic stadium are managed by one of the best managers in Europe & are currently playing in the premier league.Also Mike Ashley has said he wants to sell the club but wants a decent price.

I’m not saying that Newcastle fans don’t have good reason to be upset but so do a number of other clubs who don’t have the backing & resources that Newcastle have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When they reach L2 I’ll take a look. Considering they are sitting at the top table at present things aren’t too bad.

Next you’ll be asking for sympathy for Stevie G falling over and the amount of candles that were lit post match in Gods house

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not as if he sold the ground with no concern about where or if the club would play the following season. :shrug:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It's like that time in Monty Python's Life of Brian when they say "What have the Romans ever done for us?" ..

Yes, Ashley may be a characterless fat faced tosser with the social skills of a brown bear, but... you're in the Premier League, have a top manager, a decent-ish squad, a lovely ground, and he's shoved £100m in interest free loans into the club, apparently.

He wants to go, too! The club is up for sale, and being a hard-nosed businessman he's not going to spunk it away either. All you'll do by sticking a poker in the bee's nest is make potential buyers walk away. Ashley won't give a toss if you protest.

The best thing you can do is stay away from the games. Let MoTD show thousands of empty seats....

Invicta

Nov 1, 2013
Kent
It's like that time in Monty Python's Life of Brian when they say "What have the Romans ever done for us?" ..

Yes, Ashley may be a characterless fat faced tosser with the social skills of a brown bear, but... you're in the Premier League, have a top manager, a decent-ish squad, a lovely ground, and he's shoved £100m in interest free loans into the club, apparently.

He wants to go, too! The club is up for sale, and being a hard-nosed businessman he's not going to spunk it away either. All you'll do by sticking a poker in the bee's nest is make potential buyers walk away. Ashley won't give a toss if you protest.

The best thing you can do is stay away from the games. Let MoTD show thousands of empty seats....

Good comments. Not up there with the worst examples of owners ruining clubs

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Good thinking. But you just know that the BBC (and especially Sky) will make sure their cameras only show the bit of the stands tat are full; they don't want their precious product to appear to be less than wonderful and universally adored.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Definitely but can it wait till after 5pm on 20th October ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do we need to keep putting on our capes and rushing to help every club ? It's hardly a club on it's knees. Getting all to gay this.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I would love to know where genuine Newcastle fans think they are or should be in the current English football pyramid.
A club that has not won a trophy since 1955.
A club that enjoyed a purple patch during the 90’s.A club that has passionate supporters who travel the length of the country to support their team.
Football in this country & around the world has changed.
The premier league is currently made up of many so called lesser clubs

Cardiff
Huddersfield
Brighton
Bournemouth
Watford
Burnley
Fulham
Palace
Wolves

Yet many so called bigger clubs are not

Aston Villa
Nottingham forest
Leeds
Sheffield Wednesday
Derby
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Birmingham
West Bromwich Albion
Stoke

Does that mean all the so called bigger clubs have been mis managed or is that the so called smaller clubs have just managed things better.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would love to know where genuine Newcastle fans think they are or should be in the current English football pyramid.
A club that has not won a trophy since 1955.
A club that enjoyed a purple patch during the 90’s.A club that has passionate supporters who travel the length of the country to support their team.
Football in this country & around the world has changed.
The premier league is currently made up of many so called lesser clubs

Cardiff
Huddersfield
Brighton
Bournemouth
Watford
Burnley
Fulham
Palace
Wolves

Yet many so called bigger clubs are not

Aston Villa
Nottingham forest
Leeds
Sheffield Wednesday
Derby
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Birmingham
West Bromwich Albion
Stoke

Does that mean all the so called bigger clubs have been mis managed or is that the so called smaller clubs have just managed things better.

I think the Newcastle know that with the right ownership/manager using the revenue generated by St Jame's Park's consistent high attendances they could easily be one of the bigger/more successful clubs in the Premier League. I can understand this but don't really think it is a state of affairs that needs protests etc. Ashley has been trying to sell the club for a number of years and I can't work out why no-one has taken it on as it seems like a good opportunity to take a club that is at the heart of a community and improve it, all the while making yourself an absolute hero on Tyneside.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think the Newcastle know that with the right ownership/manager using the revenue generated by St Jame's Park's consistent high attendances they could easily be one of the bigger/more successful clubs in the Premier League. I can understand this but don't really think it is a state of affairs that needs protests etc. Ashley has been trying to sell the club for a number of years and I can't work out why no-one has taken it on as it seems like a good opportunity to take a club that is at the heart of a community and improve it, all the while making yourself an absolute hero on Tyneside.

Equally Aston Villa has a large stadium and big fan base and their supporters should expect a top 10 premier league finish regularly but I wouldn't join their fans in a protest about the owners.

Newcastle have a chairman who doesn't want them but he shouldn't have to sell for less than their worth. It strikes me as a group of ungrateful spoilt children more than a football club being mismanaged and torn apart

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Do we need to keep putting on our capes and rushing to help every club ? It's hardly a club on it's knees. Getting all to gay this.

Steady on mate: remember which to, too, two to use!

and your last "sentence" makes you sound like a kid too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the Newcastle know that with the right ownership/manager using the revenue generated by St Jame's Park's consistent high attendances they could easily be one of the bigger/more successful clubs in the Premier League.

Revenue generated by attendances is only a small part of a club's income these days. Most of the money sloshing around in top level football doesn't come in via the turnstiles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here