Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk England call up

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will Danny Rose pulling out leaving Chilwell as the only recognised left back in the squad have an affect on Dunks possible selection to start. I think that it could to have 2 inexperienced players on the left side of the defence.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
It's a shame both games are 'competitive', can't see Lewis getting any game time as if Southgate plays a back three, he's probably fifth choice behind Walker, Stones, Maguire and Gomez.

Still though, if he trains well he'll hopefully be selected for the next squad and play in the friendly against the US.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This video has been shared quite a bit on Social Media, with many people (unfairly) mocking Dunk....

]
What's he supposed to do, go through Rashford just to 'let him know he's there, early doors'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This video has been shared quite a bit on Social Media, with many people (unfairly) mocking Dunk....

If Rashford is that good on the training pitch, imagine what he'll do to Dunk when Man Utd come to the Amex.

Oh they've already been you say, he must have scored a hatful....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We don't know if Dunk has been told to stop Rashford or just to jockey him and make him work for his shot.

I suspect it's the latter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We don't know if Dunk has been told to stop Rashford or just to jockey him and make him work for his shot.

Certainly looks that way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Certainly looks that way.

Yeah, but, no, but donkey innit, and Jamal Lascelles / James Tomkins / Conor Coady / Rob Holding / Colin Hawkins (delete as appropriate) would DEFINITELY have done better. Its not fair. Waah. Biased waistcoast-wearing #@*#!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Yep, that exercise is supposed to be about confidence building and decision making for the striker, not about the defender putting a block in like we all know Dunk can! Anyone suggesting otherwise is an idiot...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If Dunk wasn't there, there would be no reason to watch this game. Kane and Rashford are the only strikers in the squad, both start. No options to change it from the bench. The team lacks creativity with Dier, Henderson and Barkley in midfield with Sterling (who hasn't put in a performance for England for about 3 years) and the front two. I'm pleased to see Chilwell start at left back but the majority of the team is disappointing. James Maddison, who I tipped to be a starter in 2020, is only on the bench.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Dunk wasn't there, there would be no reason to watch this game. Kane and Rashford are the only strikers in the squad, both start. No options to change it from the bench. The team lacks creativity with Dier, Henderson and Barkley in midfield with Sterling (who hasn't put in a performance for England for about 3 years) and the front two. I'm pleased to see Chilwell start at left back but the majority of the team is disappointing. James Maddison, who I tipped to be a starter in 2020, is only on the bench.

Oh I don't know: isn't that often that you get the chance to match a game played with absolutely no atmosphere. Other than at Selhurst Park this season, obviously.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maguire will be off at half time when the Croats, unlike the Premier League 'stars', stop kicking the ball straight at his big fat head.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I have just looked at the lineups on the sky sports app to see if Dunky was starting, he is on the bench.
When I pressed his name to see his cheeky face smiling back at me, imagine my surprise when I saw this!

For some reason I am currently unable to upload the screenshot, but have a look they have a picture of Duffy, it’s incredible.

Edit. It is also on their website!
https://www.skysports.com/football/player/96730/lewis-dunk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I have just looked at the lineups on the sky sports app to see if Dunky was starting, he is on the bench.
When I pressed his name to see his cheeky face smiling back at me, imagine my surprise when I saw this!

For some reason I am currently unable to upload the screenshot, but have a look they have a picture of Duffy, it’s incredible.

Edit. It is also on their website!
http://https://www.skysports.com/football/player/96730/lewis-dunk

'This site cannot be reached'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here