Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The look that says it all

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He doesn't look very disabled. It's a football match FFS, if he wants to dance he should go to a rave.

Call it what you like, embarrassing, tin pot or whatever - the whole thing was pathetic and has no place at a football match and playing the disabled card won't change that.

Yeah nah, I'm gonna stay with not looking down on a person in the disabled section dancing and enjoying himself.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Bruno were a deer, this would be his face...

ComedyAwards_Robert-Adamson-640x454@2x.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So if a person has learning difficulties, which is what I suspect this person possibly has, there should be a zero tolerance policy on their behaviour?

Nothing worse than a disabled fella having a good time watching his club, what has the world come to eh? Modern Football is dead.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So if a person has learning difficulties, which is what I suspect this person possibly has, there should be a zero tolerance policy on their behaviour?

That's the most offensive thing on this thread!!!

He's obviously someone's carer but is getting a free ride because everyone is petrified that he might be disabled. [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] has already call it right.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He's obviously someone's carer but is getting a free ride because everyone is petrified that he might be disabled. [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] has already call it right.

Hmmmm tough to win an argument with that closing gambit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You DO understand that not everyone who is disabled is in a wheelchair/shows obvious physical impairment.........................right?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

I’m not petrified, I just offered an honest possibility that a man in the disabled section could possibly be disabled.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully

Why is he obviously somebody's carer? Not every disability is visible.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I’m not petrified, I just offered an honest possibility that a man in the disabled section could possibly be disabled.

Why is he obviously somebody's carer? Not every disability is visible.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's the WHEELCHAIR section. Are you guys suggesting that all disabled people should be segregated at football even if they're physically capable of walking up the stairs? That is, again, the most offensive thing on this thread.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I understand that. I'm not aware that every disabled person is required to watch football in the wheelchair section of a football ground.

No one said they were. But obviously the disabled section has a far higher % of disabled people in it. Not sure what point you're trying to make. There's a decent chance the person you're taking the piss out of is disabled.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's the WHEELCHAIR section.

You've literally just made that up. It's the disabled section. Check the definition as per https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2015/january/disabled-supporters-info/

It is also the area for deaf or blind supporters, anyone who qualifies for Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment etc, all sorts of disabilities. Nowhere does it say it is specifically for Wheelchair users and no other types of disability.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
#twats

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
You bunch of miserable tossers. He's having a great time, why should he change his behaviour? In a world of depression and loneliness, he's at the football and he's having a great time - good for him and **** the haters!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not giving my judgement on this until I know whether he sang positively or negatively.

Does anyone know?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It's the WHEELCHAIR section. Are you guys suggesting that all disabled people should be segregated at football even if they're physically capable of walking up the stairs? That is, again, the most offensive thing on this thread.

Nice strawman.

From the southampton website:

Ambulant disabled supporters are welcome to purchase a disabled ticket for any seat they feel is safe and appropriate. There are seats that have been reserved as seating more suited to ambulant disabled supporters. It comprises of a mixture of front row seating for extra leg room and aisle seats for ease of access. To discuss your requirements and to ensure you have the opportunity to purchase a seat most suited to your needs, please contact our Supporter Relations Team.

It is reasonable to assume this was a front row seat based on the angle of the camera shot, and if that is the case, this would support the possibility this was a disabled person who had a front row seat. Secondly, ambulant disabled fans aren’t ‘segregated’, as the above statement indicates, they can sit anywhere. However, the guardians of/people with special needs might prefer that they sit in areas which can facilitate their needs and protect their wellbeing.

I would never advocate discrimination of disabled people of any form, and I’m disappointed that you would suggest otherwise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You bunch of miserable tossers. He's having a great time, why should he change his behaviour? In a world of depression and loneliness, he's at the football and he was having a great time before that ****ing Glenn Murray stepped up.

Fixed for you.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No one said they were. But obviously the disabled section has a far higher % of disabled people in it. Not sure what point you're trying to make. There's a decent chance the person you're taking the piss out of it disabled.

I don't know why I'm getting involved in this because ultimately the point was a gentle ribbing of a middle aged balding fat bloke who supports a different team to me and pointing out my dislike of modern football and the added (unneeded IMHO) corporate razzmatazz, I wouldn't have minded if he had an Albion strip on. That in itself is ridiculous in any other situation away from football tribalism, and I'm fully aware of it.

Personally I believe that there's only a slim chance that he's disabled given that 50% of the people in that section are able bodied and high percentage of the disabled people, if not all of them, are in wheelchairs ruling out such a display of dancing. Anyone capable of moving like that surely wouldn't want to settle for the worst view in the stadium if they could walk up the stairs. All the evidence suggests carer, but we've all given too much time to this, so fair play to the bloke for enjoying himself, I will add nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here