Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Chris Evans

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whoever they choose, you can guarantee they will be on a lower salary.

And a less spine-tingling, raspy, nails-down-a-blackboard voice, hopefully. Have never lasted more than five seconds of Chris Evans, the last thing you want to hear first thing in the morning.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
They should give it to Shaun Keaveny. Then I could go back to listening to 6Music again.

In reality, the best options would either be Baker and a variety of Louise Pepper/Lindsey Hipgrave/Amy Lame/Baylen Leonard/Danny Kelly,
or Frank Skinner and his team from Absolute on Saturday mornings.

Neither would be bland enough for Radio 2's mass audience, so they'll probably admit the failure of Mayo and Wiley and move him to the morning to pair up with someone like Zoe Ball or Sara Cox.

More importantly, how did I not know that Eddie Mair had left PM until this morning? Gutted.

On LBC 4 to 6 Monday to Thursday as of today.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
They've tried the duo thing with Jo Wiley and Simon Mayo and I don't think it works. I really used to enjoy Mayo's show driving home from work but I just cannot get into the dynamic of the new show.

Seems a bit strange Evans is leaving to do another breakfast show, I'd have thought with the imminent birth of twins he'd look at getting back to more sociable hours, I really enjoy his breakfast show so will depend on who they bring in as to where my ears go, hopefully they won't let Grimmy anywhere near it though, they say people have a face for radio, he's got a voice for silent movies.

Nick Grimshaw started a new show of R1 today FWIW, so it won’t be him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't stand his show, his voice and his incessant talking. He's a real Marmite presenter - I know quite a few people in their 50's upwards who worship Evans, with others who can't stand the bloke.

But he comes across as a good bloke and he'll go on to have further success.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think Chris Evans has had his day. He has become more and more irritating with carfest, speaking over intros/outros/middlse, his kids and ar*e licking.Tony Blackburn would be my choice! Failing that Sarah Cox, then Zoe Ball. I can’t think of any other of the holiday replacement crew or other R2 dj’s who would be any good at it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I may start listening to R2 again when Evans goes, I can't stand listening to that hyperactive twit in the mornings.
Could be out of the frying pan and into the fire if Nick Grimshaw gets the job.
Dermot O'Dreary can stick to Saturday ( if he's still on then )

I often tune in the moment Evans's show ends. Unlike Evans, Ken Bruce has a great voice kept at a moderate volume, and he keeps playing record after record.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If its Sara Cox, its good night from me. That whiney northern voice and the stupid trailers and jingles she plays are like listening to Watch with Mother. She aims at the 16 to 30 year old market which is more Radio 1 in my opinion.
Bit ageist but as someone who remembers the start of Radio 1, the type of music i want to hear on the radio is what Evans, Bruce, Wright, Mayo and Johnnie Walker play,

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If its Sara Cox, its good night from me. That whiney northern voice and the stupid trailers and jingles she plays are like listening to Watch with Mother. She aims at the 16 to 30 year old market which is more Radio 1 in my opinion.
Bit ageist but as someone who remembers the start of Radio 1, the type of music i want to hear on the radio is what Evans, Bruce, Wright, Mayo and Johnnie Walker play,

Don’t you think R2s music demographic has changed in the last year, or so?
Not a huge amount of decent music on there now, more Craig David, Rita Ora, and Megan Trainor now.

Modern RnB is really not my taste, at all.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would like to see Tony Blackburn given a go at it, I think he's great.
Gary Davies won't get it as he is far too edgy for the breakfast slot.
But you just know it's going to be Claudia Winkleman, she is everywhere like shit in a field, she gets a helluva lot of work some say it's because she is talented and some say its because she is Jewish, I couldn't possibly comment on sperilous rumours.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I don't listen to radio for music. I get my fix from t'internet. If you are intersted in sport and current affairs, you'd be a fule to not listent to R5. :banana::smokin:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Smashie and Nicey

It’s a dead cert

Or maybe Fluff!

More realistically Frankie Boyle, that should kill off a few million daily mail readers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here