Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Final 24 hours of the Window

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You do realise we’ve got several players already out on loan at ELF clubs including Walton and Sanchez?

Are they clubs full of really short players? They sound perfect for Maty Ryan! :jester:

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As with several recent transfer final day's, it will not be manic, but the Sky Sports team will be going berserk with fake hysteria.

I'll tune in, in the afternoon to watch this football naval gazing. Simon Jordan is surprisingly good, far better than some of the dim ex-footballers dragged in to make inane comments.

Peteinblack

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What a nice position to be in, though, approaching Transfer Deadline Day, compared to the previous years' attempts at completing last-minute deals which fall though, and with all of us frantically refreshing the NSC page until 23.00.

About three years ago, we were scheduled to make 3 key signings on Deadline Day, and they all fell through, and last year, our last-minute efforts at signing a striker failed too.

This year, we've done our business early - and really good business it seems to have been too.

I'm feeling really positive about this season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
None out (we'll end up loaning Towell & Norwood, perhaps Hemed if the others stay injury free and start showing something)
None in (we tried, but the market...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
2 or 3 out (Hemed maybe , Norwood & Towell most likely)
1 but hopefully 2 in , a CB & maybe a U23/1st team attacker or loan Striker

Norwood and Towell out because they haven't got numbers, although there is a slim chance that Norwood will stay. Pau out cause he hasn't got a work permit?

Hemed to stay, although he may go before the end of August to foreign shores?

Centre back in. Who? This could misfire.

I think most clubs manage to actually play all of their 25 man squad in the EPL, so only 23 or 24 players will leave us short in one or two games.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wellesley;8556569]TSB, Totally Sad B@stard, has me on ignore, so I thought I'd post on here just to annoy him. Surprised it's not more of his pretending to be ITK bullshit. Plenty of time for that before the window shuts I suppose.

I will post your quote so [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] reads your post.

I like to stir it.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
My guess...
Outs.
Norwood to Leeds permanent 1.5 mill
Towell Loan to RUFC
Tau loan to Union club in Belgium.

In.
Moore undisclosed.
Striker on Loan if Tomer leaves

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two out (Norwood and Towell). None in.

Pretty much what I would think. As much as I would like to see us sign Liam Moore, it seems pretty obvious we aren't going to pay a penny over the odds, and Reading don't seem willing to reduce his price.

As you say, Norwood and Towell both to go, maybe permanantly, maybe on loan.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Pretty much what I would think. As much as I would like to see us sign Liam Moore, it seems pretty obvious we aren't going to pay a penny over the odds, and Reading don't seem willing to reduce his price.

As you say, Norwood and Towell both to go, maybe permanantly, maybe on loan.

Im sure we are still negotiating and will come to an agreement of sorts...or ,maybe we get the Iranian CB in for free, let Tomer go and spend out on a new HGP striker??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a nice position to be in, though, approaching Transfer Deadline Day, compared to the previous years' attempts at completing last-minute deals which fall though, and with all of us frantically refreshing the NSC page until 23.00.

Well, you say that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here