Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC SF2 Croatia v England

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As I travel to work in the morning, I shall marvel at the sites of smashed bus stop glass and beaten up bins, all done by the level headed drunken English fans commiserating over our loss.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Very angry that a team who played 30 extra minutes the game before, who had less rest, had tons more energy than our players.

dont think they did, they were tiring too towards end of second half misplace passes, poor decisions. just made more use of energy late on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm so gutted! May never get so close again. All the top teams were out and we couldn't beat Croatia! No disrespect to them, but we should have beaten them. No threat in the final third. Lingard, Alli, Sterling, Henderson all below par. Only threat was from a set piece.

Add Kane to that list. Such a shame, great opportunity gone.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ah, she's a cruel mistress, football.

Ahead for 63 minutes, level for 46, behind for just 11. And now we're out.

Bitterly disappointing but fantastic effort and tournament.
Wise words. Let's hope this group of players can build on this. Actually not just the players but the whole set up - it's all been wonderfully refreshing until the last hour or so.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
As I travel to work in the morning, I shall marvel at the sites of smashed bus stop glass and beaten up bins, all done by the level headed drunken English fans commiserating over our loss.

Lets just hope we didnt stab and kill someone for looking a bit croatian this time around in Brighton...yes Brighton.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What a shame. I had no expectation coming into this WC or this game, so I enjoyed the ride. But Southgate made some glaringly obvious mistakes tonight and was let down by a few performances from key men ie Kane, Alli and Young in particular, who were all verging on being woeful. Kane arguably cost us this game with his selfishness in the first half. But Southgate’s inability to adapt to the change in Croatia’s shape in the second half was the killer, ultimately.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here