Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yaya

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Watching that game last night, it was clear how exceptional a player Toure still is. His positional sense and passing range was brilliant, and when he decided to make a run with the ball, it caused havoc.

Despite cake gate, it's clear that he is loved by the players, fans and staff at City.

I'm sure we couldn't afford him, but he does intend to stay in the PL. Would you have him at the Albion?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Could someone like him be motivated to play for a club like ours ? Remember when Savage came with a massive reputation? Total waste of wages he was.

Much rather the money/wages were spent elsewhere.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Could someone like him be motivated to play for a club like ours ? Remember when Savage came with a massive reputation? Total waste of wages he was.

Much rather the money/wages were spent elsewhere.

I'm not sure you can compare Savage with Toure. He's not in the same league.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No thank you. We don't have big names here but big players who play as a team.
Wayne Bridge came to us and said he started enjoying playing again.
Never underestimate togetherness.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not for me thanks.
These type of players, that have been there, done it and worn the t-shirt.........
Always come with their own circus of agents and blinkered, watery eyed serfs who dote on their every word :shootself

Anyway, I think you should rename thread Nono!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My point is did Savage come with much of a reputation at all ? (as a decent footballer anyway)

Of course he came with a massive rep. A Premier league star playing at the Withdean. Be realistic.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No thank you. We don't have big names here but big players who play as a team.
Wayne Bridge came to us and said he started enjoying playing again.
Never underestimate togetherness.

What about Darren Bent ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of course he came with a massive rep. Savage a Premier league star playing at the Withdean. Be realistic.

Hardly a " Star"

luge

Dec 18, 2010
For me it's a yes. Toure has always operated on the highest level, and is clearly well loved at city - so it doesn't look like he is a problem in the dressing room.

He's bang up for a challenge, and I think he would add alot to the team. I doubt he would sign somewhere just to be on the bench, he's just done that this season.

Will it happen? Very unlikely, but you never know.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
No.

For many reasons like wages and #togetherness. But mainly because i heard an interview on 5Live with him yesterday whilst driving to the game where he was making comments like "my fans will get a chance to say goodbye to me" and "it will be nice to play in front of my fans".

When i go to the footy it is to watch BHAFC, not Yaya Toure.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Hardly a " Star"

But in context of where we were at the time he was most defiantly a star, same applies to Paul Kitson, was very excited at the time to see both these players at the Withdean.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I’m with [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] on this one. Our squad is built about togetherness. He’s a great player but in all honesty would destroy our wage structure at 35. Can also see him getting frustrated at times without 10 other brilliant players around him. Rather we spent wisely as we have done recently.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought he was pretty lazy last night. I know it's his 'style' but he barely moved out the centre circle! We need midfielders like the 3 or 4 we have who will hassle etc. He just looks slow and would cost a fortune and we shouldn't break our wage structure for anyone - we're not like that franchise up the road with Barndoor Benteke.

Saying that, I was surprised last night and Sunday at just how popular he seems in the dressing room so maybe he wouldn't be too big an ego in our dressing room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here