Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He admitted to hating us since the game where you had two players sent off, so it's not a new thing.

I've always enjoyed coming on this forum because you do have a wide range of views and opinions on everything.

This episode has brought the worst out in some folk on here, and that's a shame.

I still refuse to abuse and categorise the entire people of Brighton and Hove though.

Good for you. Some absolute idiocy on here.

I remember that game well. Vincelot and of all people, Ashley Barnes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
At the end of the day East Lancs, you are pretty much supporting the racism against Bong, You are pretty much in that camp. And for that reason I cannot be in the same room as you. To me, you stink. I have only just found out how much racism disgusts me thanks to Burnley. I can't wish you a happy life.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We are probably digressing but I don't think he does have a point. It doesn't matter how many people you meet who have a certain view, it does not justify stereotyping someone else of the same background. The treatment of Gaetan on Saturday was reprehensible but responding with insults about Burnley (or anywhere else) as many Brighton fans have done on this thread is rather ignorant. I will re-iterate comments I made earlier; we had a great time in Burnley, spoke to some nice people (locals) in an excellent pub and enjoyed the game. The North is not some sort of backwater as many Southerners like to claim.

Me too. You're missing the entire point though. Back to the Daily Mail and a bit of toast

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do you think they were being post-modern irony merchants? Probably not :)

Stoke have barely done modern, they are some way away from post modern.*

*people of Stoke, when you get the internet just remember I was joking, okay.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh I was also banned of clarets for daring to speak about racism, tells me all I need to know.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stoke have barely done modern, they are some way away from post modern.*

*people of Stoke, when you get the internet just remember I was joking, okay.

:bowdown:

Jan 10, 2014
So, East Lancs, friend to friend, will you denounce the Saturday booing of Bong?

A friend doesn't call someone..... scum of the earth.

I'm afraid I can't denounce the booing of Bong because then I would have to do it every time we booed other players, refs and other fans.

The only reasoned argument in all this (I've seen it on here and our own forum) is that it may discourage other black players in reporting racism, which would be a shame.

It's an after thought though, and trying to get a set of football fans (whatever their persuasion) to think about what may come after they sing, shout or boo is nigh on impossible.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great post.

I would add that also out there are countless spiteful left wing / anarchist haters; who won't listen to anyone else's view, want to harm people, damage stuff and lie to their back teeth.

Always take a step back to make sure one doesn't get sucked in and wound up by the Hopkins's / Burnley's of this world. It's what they want. Rise above their sad lives.

I have 'left wing zealot' blocked too :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Banning multiple people because of things said on an internet forum and then telling the rest of us what you have done ? Your call but maybe you need to unwind a bit eh and not take things so seriously or people you disagree with ? You lost an argument with Looney a while back and then banned him for it?

Nobody has ever lost an argument with Looney. :shrug:

But, thanks for your concern. I'll make a note......

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
A friend doesn't call someone..... scum of the earth.

I'm afraid I can't denounce the booing of Bong because then I would have to do it every time we booed other players, refs and other fans.

The only reasoned argument in all this (I've seen it on here and our own forum) is that it may discourage other black players in reporting racism, which would be a shame.

It's an after thought though, and trying to get a set of football fans (whatever their persuasion) to think about what may come after they sing, shout or boo is nigh on impossible.

I really thought you were better than that.

You are entitled to boo players that cheat, feign injury or behave like pratts, boo the ref for incompetence or bad decisions and boo other fans for hooliganism or inappropriate chants.

But to boo a player for reporting a racist insult is just so wrong.

Last edited:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really thought you were better than that.

You are entitled to boo players that cheat, feign injury or behave like pratts, boo the ref if there for incompetence or bad decisions and boo other fans for hooliganism or inappropriate chants.

But to boo a player for reporting a racist insult is just so wrong.

"Coz he was once one of our own, so I believe him. I must therefore despise the complainant, who the legal experts from the FA said acted in good faith and was not malicious".

Awful that, that mindset prevails.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Your second paragraph rather contradicts your first and belies any logic in your third, that fans cannot be responsible or put thought into their actions. Most fans have some sort of moral compass and insight into their actions.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In your posts on the Labour semitism thread, I may have seen that mentioned. Was the poster who purports to be staunch Labour, throwing in countless :fishing: hand grenades?

If you mean Ernest (sic) then yes. To be fair, I can't believe he's actually left wing at all. Someone suggested a while back he is the old 'FG' from NSC 1.0. I saw no denial. FG was a silly troll who called Dick Knight 'Dick Tight' and slipped into lazy racism at the drop of a hat, never replied directly to a reply, ever, but was occasionally funny. Who knows? Anyone who calls me a red tory, and who starts pointless political threads that smell of deliberate suicide is not someone I need to read.

The reason I have made a point of commenting when I block people (this is for [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]) is partly to make the point, and partly to encourage others: why waste time engaging with people lacking empathy when there are so many decent thoughtful people on NSC with whom to natter? The more people who ignore the trolls, the sooner they will melt.

All the best.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you mean Ernest (sic) then yes. To be fair, I can't believe he's actually left wing at all. Someone suggested a while back he is the old 'FG' from NSC 1.0. I saw no denial. FG was a silly troll who called Dick Knight 'Dick Tight' and slipped into lazy racism at the drop of a hat, never replied directly to a reply, ever, but was occasionally funny. Who knows? Anyone who calls me a red tory, and who starts pointless political threads that smell of deliberate suicide is not someone I need to read.

The reason I have made a point of commenting when I block people (this is for [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]) is partly to make the point, and partly to encourage others: why waste time engaging with people lacking empathy when there are so many decent thoughtful people on NSC with whom to natter? The more people who ignore the trolls, the sooner they will melt.

All the best.

Pleased you thought the same about the Dick Tight poster and the tedium of his :yawn: campaign. I met the real Knight a few times. Not a really wealthy bloke, he pumped in £ seven figures into the club, with little prospect of ever getting it back. As did several others who never sought to be in the limelight.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

All the best.

You're fighting a losing battle. I know junior starts silly threads to get a reaction, have warned people, but he still gets upward of 100 posts biting.
I've given up now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here