Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FIFA 19 - Brighton Player Ratings

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not one of the pace merchants but I do find it quite slow. Not sure if I like it or not.
I think I'll enjoy it much more when I play real people rather than a computer.

Seems that when you get into the final third the forwards are running on quicksand and these defenders with no pace catch up easily. Odd.
The commentary is massively annoying too.

Oh and it seems ping pong passes are finished. I kind of miss them.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've got the Xbox early access thing so been playing it this week and enjoying it, I think generally the game play has improved. Particularly enjoying career mode with Albion, Ali J and Bissouma are quality.

Only two criticisms, whilst I think it is good that pace isn't as important as before so you can put more emphasis on passing and building good moves, sometimes you can be through on goal one on one with a pacey striker and yet a slow defender who started behind you will still catch up. They've almost gone too far removing the importance of pace. Also, the changes to finishing were unnecessary - it was better in 18.

Anyone else been playing it yet?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've got the Xbox early access thing so been playing it this week and enjoying it, I think generally the game play has improved. Particularly enjoying career mode with Albion, Ali J and Bissouma are quality.

Only two criticisms, whilst I think it is good that pace isn't as important as before so you can put more emphasis on passing and building good moves, sometimes you can be through on goal one on one with a pacey striker and yet a slow defender who started behind you will still catch up. They've almost gone too far removing the importance of pace. Also, the changes to finishing were unnecessary - it was better in 18.

Anyone else been playing it yet?

I've been playing the demo a fair bit.

I agree that the effect of pace has certainly been knocked down a notch. I personally like it as my style of play is passing and I sometimes felt it was a little too weighted towards the quick players. Anthony Martial, for example, was just insanely good.

On the shooting front, there is one addition which I LOVE. The driven finish. Hold R1 and L1 as you shoot and it hits it low and hard along the ground. Get it into a corner and it looks amazing. You have to time it right aswell but its great from an angle across the keeper. It was a really annoyance before that power always meant height as well.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I agree that the effect of pace has certainly been knocked down a notch. I personally like it as my style of play is passing and I sometimes felt it was a little too weighted towards the quick players. Anthony Martial, for example, was just insanely good.

On the shooting front, there is one addition which I LOVE. The driven finish. Hold R1 and L1 as you shoot and it hits it low and hard along the ground. Get it into a corner and it looks amazing. You have to time it right aswell but its great from an angle across the keeper. It was a really annoyance before that power always meant height as well.

I agree that pace was too important before and it is much better overall now, but a couple of times I've been through on goal with Izquierdo, yards ahead of any donkey defender and they've still caught me. You quite often have to check back as you know you're about to lose the ball which seems a bit unrealistic.

Thanks for the tip on shooting, will try that. How are you getting on with the timed finish? Must admit I haven't tried it much as it just seems a lot easier to stick to the traditional method.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Have you tried the driven shot with precision timing yet? When that comes off it is delightful!

I'm out of the country from tomorrow so am going to have to hold off playing the real thing but with some good trading on the companion app over the past week, I reckon I will be 40-50k up by the time I crack into FUT!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
In a remarkable turn of good fortune, FIFA 19 was released on the same day as my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

First reflections after a very quick session...

Remarkable realism. I'm sure the Amex crowd boo like fury the second Mr Tumble takes up possession.

Remarkable unrealism. Hughton went totally bat shit mental when one went in.

Swings and roundabouts. I could be wide of the mark with these observations. These are made following some cava, reisling, espresso martini and some salted caramel vodka. It's been a good night.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Big Shane Duffy with our first in-form of FIFA 19

TOTW.jpg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
We are surely the most underrated team in the game. Horrible ratings!!!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We are surely the most underrated team in the game. Horrible ratings!!!

Just a little slow from what I've found. In game performance is pretty good, just get beaten for pace by the better players in the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here