Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Benchwarmer Exodus

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder how the sale of Towell and Sutner is going? The former has no chance of making our 25 man squad and the latter could be taking up a critical non-HGP place.

Still 9 days to go!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Good summary of where we are with the exodus today.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...-5-million-from-sam-baldocks-move-to-reading/

Interstingly mentions Hemed, which leaves us a striker short.

3 strikers would bring us in line with how we started last season but I'd feel like we needed a forth. Maybe a possibility of a loan or does CH feel that Gyorkes is a better option than Baldock & Hemed. I'd be happy for him to be our 4th choice especially considering how little game time anyone except Murray had last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 strikers would bring us in line with how we started last season but I'd feel like we needed a forth. Maybe a possibility of a loan or does CH feel that Gyorkes is a better option than Baldock & Hemed. I'd be happy for him to be our 4th choice especially considering how little game time anyone except Murray had last season.
Good thoughts here.

I think there is a chance we will go with a 24 man squad + Gyokeres as 4th striker. Meaning no need for the new Centre Back to be a HGP.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Gyokeres I believe wouldn't count as part of our 25 PL Squad as he is under 21 so we could have a 25 squad and still select Gyokeres as part of the match day squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apologies for my ignorance but if we only name a 24 man squad we only need 7 HGPs?
Yes.

It amounts to the same thing, but the rule is that if we only have 7 HGPs we can only name a 24 man squad.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yes.

It amounts to the same thing, but the rule is that if we only have 7 HGPs we can only name a 24 man squad.

From memory, we'd have to ship out Norwood to be able to do that wouldn't we? If we have 8 HGP on the books, we have to name all 8 to the squad?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From memory, we'd have to ship out Norwood to be able to do that wouldn't we? If we have 8 HGP on the books, we have to name all 8 to the squad?
Not sure on that. Norwood looks on his way though, anyway.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

This is true.

If we have a squad of 25 which fulfills all the criteria then we have to name them. If we sell Norwood then we can only name 17 non HGP's. Gyokeres provides us with an opportunity to sell all of our fringe players and have cover for the strikers which we would only need in an injury or suspension crisis, Ben White could also do the same in defence knowing we could add to the squad in January if required

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gyokeres I believe wouldn't count as part of our 25 PL Squad as he is under 21 so we could have a 25 squad and still select Gyokeres as part of the match day squad.

Indeed, providing the club don't decide to send him out on a season long loan, The same applies with Ben White.

Chris Hughton was talking about that only today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor frequently mentions interest in Tomer Hemed.

He can't really leave unless we get a replacement though ???

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Naylor frequently mentions interest in Tomer Hemed.

He can't really leave unless we get a replacement though ???

Tomer wants to go. He's wanted by a number of Championship clubs.
But our replacements are fit so he can't leave.
We wouldn't let him go last season either. Poor chap.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Toner is unlikely to get any real sort of game time if he does stay, which is a shame as he looks the most match ready of the strikers. If we get an offer in that matches our valuation of him then I think he will be sold, I'd imagine the same applies to Norwood & Towell

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Given injuries and pee season, Hemed should have earned his place v Watford, then its up to him to keep scoring.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Do you have some insight for that, or are you guessing?

I have no knowledge on it at all, but from following the player on social media, he seems as settled in the area (Hove) as any player in the squad. His family seem to love it here, and I'd be surprised if he were actively pushing to move.

Also, he and Mrs H, seem to love their 'Israeli Posh & Becks' status, which is boosted by being a 'Premier League' player, regardless of how much game time he gets.

He is currently our best, most in-form, fit striker, and is likely in line to start on Saturday. He definitely thinks he should be.

He's post on instagram this morning, a montage of pictures of each of his performances this pre-season, captioned "Preseason is behind! 6#Games 3#Goals 2#Assists I'm ready! #Season 2018/19"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you have some insight for that, or are you guessing?

I have no knowledge on it at all, but from following the player on social media, he seems as settled in the area (Hove) as any player in the squad. His family seem to love it here, and I'd be surprised if he were actively pushing to move.

Also, he and Mrs H, seem to love their 'Israeli Posh & Becks' status, which is boosted by being a 'Premier League' player, regardless of how much game time he gets.

He is currently our best, most in-form, fit striker, and is likely in line to start on Saturday. He definitely thinks he should be.

He's post on instagram this morning, a montage of pictures of each of his performances this pre-season, captioned "Preseason is behind! 6#Games 3#Goals 2#Assists I'm ready! #Season 2018/19"
It is surely between him and Murray for starting on Saturday, I would hav thought. My money would be marginally on Hemed.

As for 'keeping his place', he was doing that rather well last season until the pundits started hounding him to get him banned.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes Hemed is useful and seems always to give his all.

I reckon his game time is going to be limited whether he is in the Premier League or Championship. With us he probably earns considerably more than he would elsewhere in a nicer environment so as long as he feels part of things I think he will want to stay.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is surely between him and Murray for starting on Saturday, I would hav thought. My money would be marginally on Hemed.

As for 'keeping his place', he was doing that rather well last season until the pundits started hounding him to get him banned.

Think Hemed will start..........same as last season really. He was also doing alright to be fair until that silly stamp. If he hadn't done that, not sure when/if Muzza would have got a look in. Ifs, buts and maybes........

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hemed linked with QPR in argus.

Again, no mention of bringing in a replacement. Reckon Leo is on standby.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here