Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unseen footage of Brighton vs Doncaster. Last game at the Goldstone.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So, so emotional, that last game at The Goldstone.

I hope the youngsters, who were not around at the time, got a taste as to why we loved the old place.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tear in the eye, brings back so many memories. Was it really 20 years ago? No season will ever be so intense. The Albion and the fight took over our lives that year.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Great record, thanks for sharing.

That's the first footage I've seen of Storer's goal that took me right back to the moment and the atmosphere. It gave me shivers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
On a bit of a tangent does anyone remember a video made around this time (I think it was more about Fans United but not sure). Anyway after the game they went to the eclipse and interviewed a few people. A fella says something a long the lines of "we needed to win and we won!". Anyone know this video?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's awesome to watch, as I wasn't there. My last Goldstone game was Exeter in February, before I went travelling overseas and my memories of the Doncaster and Hereford games are via the World Service

..also, as a result I have, for twenty years, thought that Storer's goal was scored at the North Stand end :lolol: I was scrolling back and forth through the first half in your video trying to find it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Bloody hell that would be my Great Grandfather, Major Jim Pickering, who I'm told will have been well known to anybody who sat anywhere near his general vicinity at the Goldstone :lolol: He departed some time ago yes, with the baton firmly passed.

Wow!
What an amazing connection and incredible you should spot him and now have this footage
Enjoy your new year

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am a grown man with children and am in absolute tears after watching that,such passion and an edgy but hopeful optimistic atmosphere that day and who said the old West Stand could not generate any noise back then :lolol:

Was fortunate to be among the 11,500 there that day (reduced capacity of 16000 when we left) why it was not full i don't know,but there was a lot of space on the left of the North stand.

Stuarts goal epitomized the struggle we faced at the time and reflected the en-devour of the times,it really is my favorite all time Albion goal,for me and i was at Hereford better than Robbies too.

I was in the South West terrace that day..

Exited via the North East corner.

Thanks for posting..

RIP The Goldstone.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Great video. Hopefully we will have the first Amex pitch invasion in 2017.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was never in any doubt that we would survive,i simply did not no how we would,we had too much support,too much history to go down without the very least fighting to the death so to speak to save our club.

It was a very close call though.

28:58 is my favorite bit

Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Great video, thanks for posting.

That rendition of 'super Brighton' at the end made the hairs on my arms stand up.

Wish the current 'youff' cohort would take some time out to watch this and the Fans United video which i'm sure is doing the rounds on Youtube somewhere to realise that songs need to be sung cohesively and coherently and we have more than one durgy Albierrrrn Albierrrnnn to our repertoire.

On a bit of a tangent does anyone remember a video made around this time (I think it was more about Fans United but not sure). Anyway after the game they went to the eclipse and interviewed a few people. A fella says something a long the lines of "we needed to win and we won!". Anyone know this video?

I distinctly remember the video, pretty certain it started out ahead of either the Donny game or Fans United interviewing a lot of Liz Costa's mob in the Hove Park Tavern then going on to return and do likewise and the chap who said the line was from memory fair haired, reasonably tall and in his mid to late twenties.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Thanks that was fantastic, all the emotions, glorious wonderful to gut wrenchingly sad. Loved the singing at the end......... why we love this club

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Great video, thanks for sharing... memories from Goldstone come flooding back, when the police March out before the end and line up in front of fans and everyone starts with the laurel and hardy tune.. heard some bloke doing it in this video and made me chuckle.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Incredible. I can't have been far from that spot in the West as a 12 year old. Brings back so many memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here