Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a pile of absolute steaming shite that second half was. 1 up at home against a ten man team that wasn't in the contest and what do we do? Sit back, surrender all initiative, not even bother to try and attack and subsequently get out fought and outplayed by ten men. At home! Borderline disgraceful, really.

****ing abysmal.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Disappointing yes, but not a joke. Some people need to realise Leicester are not a joke side, but a side who play some good football even with ten men.
Should have killed the game off first half mind

They were without their best player for most of the game, their best defender for all the game and arguably their third best player got sent off...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not going to stay up for home games now either, 1am here now and too pissed of to be tired, ffs.
Just going to watch replays on Sunday from now on, ridiculous tactics which will cost us.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Quite embarassing the 'support' on here as well.

All I'll say is that Gross and Propper didn't look up to playing as long as they did, both pretty anonymous in the second half.

Leicester are a good side, knocked it around nicely and pressed and stretched us. Impressive effort.

I've always remembered Gus saying how he would practice playing against 10 men because its a difficult challenge. We were good against 10 in his era, to my memory

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
That was an appalling second half. What was Hughton thinking setting up like that for so long when Leicester left themselves so open? So much space to run into, he should have stuck at least Andone on much earlier.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Another shite performance. For all his good work, Hughton seems to have returned to type! Needs to get us back to attcaking, you could have almost predicted the result once they had a player sent off with us 1-0 up...............let’s hang on for 65 mins instead of taking the game to them!

Totally agree.
The defending and hanging on especially at home, 1 up and against 10 is really twisting my balls tonight.
But I suppose you could argue that if Kayal had not made that stupid tackle we would have won, defending or not.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again....

For all his good work in turning us from the brink of League One to the Premier League, we are now entering the point where Hughton starts holding us back.

We’ve got good players, players that can attack, players that can cause the opposition problems. But any creativity or guile is just suppressed through Hughton’s dull and negative approach.

Fortunately the Hughton do gooders can’t spout their usual crap about how we’re small time and have to respect the opposition. This wasn’t Man City or Liverpool away. This was Leicester City at home, 1-0 up, against 10 men with only 45 minutes left to play.

Absolute shambles!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Absolutely shocking again , trouble is like others had said , as soon as we were 1-0 up and they had lost a man we all knew it was going to be a draw or a loss . It’s a hughton thing and will never changed, score a goal and sit back and try to defend defend defend but it never works , on Leicester’s performance they should have won it to be honest .

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
It is right to try to be stable and defensive, but we get the colly wobbles, Kayal needs to take some blame, terrible decision making

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again....

For all his good work in turning us from the brink of League One to the Premier League, we are now entering the point where Hughton starts holding us back.

We’ve got good players, players that can attack, players that can cause the opposition problems. But any creativity or guile is just suppressed through Hughton’s dull and negative approach.

Fortunately the Hughton do gooders can’t spout their usual crap about how we’re small time and have to respect the opposition. This wasn’t Man City or Liverpool away. This was Leicester City at home, 1-0 up, against 10 men with only 45 minutes left to play.

Absolute shambles!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm finding the above quote really, really difficult to shoot down in flames.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here