Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Any deal is better than *no deal*.

That's the spirit ..

white-flag-surrender_233204-1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The computerised systems aleady check your passport when you enter a country - they can just check if a visa is required and if so if one is linked to the passport. Exactly like it works for non EU passport holders entering the UK now. It won't take any longer than the passport check does now.

It takes a lot longer for non-EU passport holders to clear immigration though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The depression and moaning on this thread, makes me wonder how any European country copes without being in the EU, and why those said countries are not desperate to join today

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The depression and moaning on this thread, makes me wonder how any European country copes without being in the EU, and why those said countries are not desperate to join today

Which counties are you thinking about?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My apologies, you obviously think this will all be wrapped up by end of march 2019. Guess we haven't got long to wait to see who's right.

Bless, and then there is poor old you that thinks Brexit wont happen and we will remain in the EU.

watford plank.jpg

I must have missed the answer to this in the last 3 pages of whataboutism

So, just in case you missed it, which of the two boxes on your ballot would you pick ?

Or is there another reason that you have spent 2.5 years avoiding the question as to what type of Brexit you want ?

You didn’t miss an answer because i didn’t give one, firstly because its another of your daft questions, the finalised deal has yet to be finalised, I will wait to see whats in it when its finalised. If you are asked to vote on how good a book is do you read it first or vote on it before you have read it? You are currently advocating the latter……have another hat for that.:dunce:

And secondly Im still waiting after a number of attempts for you to show me which post I introduced 'The European Union (Withdrawal) Act' into the conversation, you tried before and failed so im still waiting……one post should cover it by the way , not a whole conversation.
You can stick your questions up your #### until then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess we shouldn't really expect better from our politicians.
This thread really is the definition of petulance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's the spirit ..

white-flag-surrender_233204-1.jpg
Lyckily, I haven't fallen for Theresa DisMay's attempted gaslighting of the electorate that 'no deal is better than a bad deal'.

In reality, *no deal* is the worst possible outcome, so even a diabolical deal is better than it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is the difference between intelligent debate and the other sort

Then you shouldn’t have written we collectively didn’t realise at the time of the referendum that travel would change when people obviously knew intra-eu travel would change. Try and be less simplistic, it’s the difference between intelligent debate and the other sort (see posts posted by plooks)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe he is thinking of Norway Switzerland Iceland......?

All three are not members of the EU and none strike me as “desperate to join” the EU?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
All three are not members of the EU and none strike me as “desperate to join” the EU?

I know, you asked him which countries was he thinking about that cope without being in the EU and are not desperate to join
I said Norway Switzerland Iceland because they cope without being in the EU and none are desperate to join

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Bless, and then there is poor old you that thinks Brexit wont happen and we will remain in the EU.

View attachment 101294

You didn’t miss an answer because i didn’t give one, firstly because its another of your daft questions, the finalised deal has yet to be finalised, I will wait to see whats in it when its finalised. If you are asked to vote on how good a book is do you read it first or vote on it before you have read it? You are currently advocating the latter……have another hat for that.:dunce:

And secondly Im still waiting after a number of attempts for you to show me which post I introduced 'The European Union (Withdrawal) Act' into the conversation, you tried before and failed so im still waiting……one post should cover it by the way , not a whole conversation.
You can stick your questions up your #### until then.

Whataboutism, well I never expected that :lolol:

Still your probably still one of the happiest Brexiteers. Don't know what you want and don't know what you're going to get.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Stop your whining, you have been told repeatedly by leavers there is a perfectly acceptable vote that can be had on the deal, one that respects the initial democratic vote as well and doesn’t weasel out of democracy.

Not a drop of whine in the post you respond to, the main point of which was that Letts was lying when he implied that most people want a hard Brexit. Your waffling on about a second referendum format apparently favoured by a minority is just another example of your so-clever point-missing.

PS Just for the record, as things stand today, I still don't think that there will be a referendum of any kind, but let's see. We live in changing times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't help thinking even if we were able to 'all move forward', there'd be 3 still throwing in grenades.

Boris
Nigel
&
Jacob.

Don't forget the charming Arlene too.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Brexiteers are like... No deal is better than a bad deal. We must get something out of this, otherwise we will look complete tits on NSC. I couldnt give a **** about the country!...

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Whataboutism, well I never expected that :lolol:

I thought you expected everything, or have you finally succeeded in implanting your dodgy crystal ball up your arse?

46607-large.jpeg

Still your probably still one of the happiest Brexiteers. Don't know what you want and don't know what you're going to get.

Are you a bit dim?...........genuine question.

Not a drop of whine in the post you respond to, the main point of which was that Letts was lying when he implied that most people want a hard Brexit. Your waffling on about a second referendum format apparently favoured by a minority is just another example of your so-clever point-missing.

PS Just for the record, as things stand today, I still don't think that there will be a referendum of any kind, but let's see. We live in changing times.

If you were not an undemocratic loon you would be against a second referendum even though you don’t think there will be one. Shame you havnt worked that out yet.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Shirley most leavers expected a change in immigration if leave won.

I think you will find all those claiming to be omniscient types are on your side of the fence .. tragically in constant danger of disappearing up their own backsides. Speaking of which .. your hypothesis is either entirely subjective or speculative (fact free) see project fear. Meanwhile the other section of remoaners insist no deal won't and never was going to happen so we will carry on much as before .. so nothing to worry about?

Ooh, get you! Look, all I'm after (and have been pretty consistent on this) is for the likes of you and Mr Pasta to give some positives of a (OK) speculative but realistic sort. Not the usual draped-in-the-union-flag Boris approach of groundless optimism but some sort of counter-balance to the relentless stream of grim and in many cases well reasoned and evidence based projections that have been flowing with an even greater regularity the nearer we get and the reality is beginning to slap us in the face. And the old project fear trope is getting very stale, I'm afraid. Just tells us a few things that are going to be better rather than worse.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here