Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U-23 player profiles: Owen Moore (feedback requested)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The promotion won by the Albion U-23 side last season does seem to have elevated the interest of the Albion-supporting public in the younger generation coming through (unless all those who rocked up at the training ground the other Friday night were closet Scousers). Some of the U-23 players will be known to most Albion fans, either through loan spells at League clubs (such as Ben White) or through their performances (and goalscoring) at U-23 level itself (such as Aaron Connolly, Viktor Gyokeres and Jayson Molumby). However, I'm sure it is still the case that most of the U-23 squad remain something of a mystery to even the most ardent U-23 follower.

In an attempt to address this, I'm thinking about writing up some detailed player profiles of the U-23 lads. I've started out with right-back Owen Moore (for no particular reason). You can now read all about our Essex lad who has an older brother who is a professional footballer, played with the son of one of the most famous footballers in the world and is an (age-level) England international - U-23 Player Profile - Owen Moore

I have no idea if these will be of interest or serve an NSC need. I have no desire to waste your time (or mine) writing up articles that no-one will read, so please let me have some feedback on whether you would like to see more. I'm happy to work on these as time permits, and if there is a particular player you would like to see featured next, let me know.

Over to you, folks!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thought Owen Moore looked decent in the pre-season friendlies I saw. I'd not heard of him before.
Seeing as this is the closest that most will get to the public eye, I'd say it would be an excellent idea for a feature.

Quick question: How the F do you know some of the stuff in that article?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Great read. As (like you I think) its difficult for me to get to the youth games, this is good info on how the younger generation(s) are coming through.
Thanks.:thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

There is a quote along the lines of "Laws are like sausages — it is best not to see them being made."

I would encourage you simply to enjoy the Owen Moore sausage; leave the blood, sweat and tears to me. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
+1 here. Always interested in this stuff.

Excellent work, as ever, Chas :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Very good. Yes please.

Can I hazard a guess that you are either single and/or work/shirk from home??

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There is a quote along the lines of "Laws are like sausages — it is best not to see them being made."

I would encourage you simply to enjoy the Owen Moore sausage; leave the blood, sweat and tears to me. :thumbsup:

I sense that quote will one day be used as evidence in your trial.

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Owen moore

Very interesting article and like many others would like to see some of the young players breaking into the first team squad. Perhaps you could include your appraisal as to the possibility of his happening with the various players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought Owen Moore looked decent in the pre-season friendlies I saw. I'd not heard of him before.
Seeing as this is the closest that most will get to the public eye, I'd say it would be an excellent idea for a feature.

I've asked that too. F*** knows - more streams available in Phoenix Arizona?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here