Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To some extent I feel sorry for any government where the opposition have not ever taken any sensible stance on this HUGE issue thus preventing any beneficial discussion ( for what is a hugely important issue and one for which the majority of the UK population voted in favour) rightly or wrongly.

You WHAT?

Are you taking the piss? The opposition are to blame for the utter chaos that is our current minority government?!

Indeed.

Exactly. This mess is entirely down to the Tories and the whole fiasco has done nothing but serve to show us what a bunch of self-serving yet utterly incompetent pricks the government front bench is made up of. Almost to a man/woman, themselves before party before country. I hope they get absolutely slaughtered at the polls for this - the LibDems did and for far, FAR less.

That /\ /\

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If I don't get what I voted for, I shall be voting for ukip all over again, there will be millions of others too.

This is the surefire way to get a Corbyn government. I have suggested that this is the likely outcome since the vote.

1. Tories realise the unicorns Brexit isn't possible so make concessions.
2. Those sold a dream get angry because they have been betrayed
3. Rise of ukip.
4. Jezza as PM

So the right wing tories will have caused the most left wing government for generations.

Jezza would be a disaster which would empower the right even more and that is when really bad things are likely to happen.

Very simplistic, obviously, but looking like playing out so far.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
strongandstable.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, he's only been one of, if not 'the', voice of Euro scepticism for 25 years, was leader of the party that obtained most votes in the UK in the 2014 European Parliamentary Elections, the man it could be argued the referendum would never have taken place without, is a self publicising narcissist who headed up the unofficial and dubiously funded Leave.EU campaign, playing upon some ignorant peoples nostalgic sentiments by fancifully mentioning things about fishing and the sea, focusing on concerns about immigration by constantly mentioning an 'Australian style points system' along with the official leave campaign that never materialised and cynically played upon some peoples subliminal fears in regards to Islam and Muslims by constantly mentioning Turkey joining The EU and standing in front of that poster below. Some people might call him a hypocrite, a chancer - He still talks about 'Tory Posh boys' when he went to Dulwich College and is a former member of the Tory party himself. He leads a group in the European Parliament but hardly ever turns up. He represents South East England in The European Parliament, but never did something like Catherine Bearder did and regularly met DEFRA in Whitehall to lobby for The UK quota to be administered in favour of the under 10 metre boats in her constituency, rather than be given over to large scale commercial fleets. Those are but a few examples of his hypocritical chancing. I'd just call him a c**t.

View attachment 98526

I think you missed the key word in my post ..... here's a clue .... 'now'.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
This is the surefire way to get a Corbyn government. I have suggested that this is the likely outcome since the vote.

1. Tories realise the unicorns Brexit isn't possible so make concessions.
2. Those sold a dream get angry because they have been betrayed
3. Rise of ukip.
4. Jezza as PM

So the right wing tories will have caused the most left wing government for generations.

Jezza would be a disaster which would empower the right even more and that is when really bad things are likely to happen.

Very simplistic, obviously, but looking like playing out so far.

...... and at the next election after Jezza has flopped we get a very right wing government who will enact Brexit the hardest way possible. Imagine a Thatcher government on speed !

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
To some extent I feel sorry for any government where the opposition have not ever taken any sensible stance on this HUGE issue thus preventing any beneficial discussion ( for what is a hugely important issue and one for which the majority of the UK population voted in favour) rightly or wrongly.

How about beneficial discussion between the people in charge instead of meaningless drivel, jostling for power and backstabbing? What the hell has the Tory infighting over Europe (as has always been) got to do with the opposition being crap?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think you missed the key word in my post ..... here's a clue .... 'now'.

I didn't miss the key word 'now' at all. Have a look around at the Brexit mess we're in 'now' and will be in the future. Farage, who never had any power in Westminster in the past anyway, still managed to play a significant part in creating this shambolic mess as a result of whipping up a populist protest against the establishment - 'now.' Power without responsibility - right 'now' in this chaos.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The thing which really troubles me is that wankers like Hunt, Johnson, Gove and Davis will all comfortably retain their seats in the next election - whenever that is. Whoever is going to oppose those people in the election should be in full campaign mode from now onwards. They should be appealing directly to their constituents to put pressure on the incumbents and to try and beat them in the next elections but we all know it won't happen.

If there is anything positive to come out of the shambles of the last couple of days, maybe the people who don't support the PM are now out of the way. If Davis and Johnson didn't want to support her and instead wanted to be twats, then good riddance. The problem is that it's difficult to believe anyone in the cabinet still supports her and/or believes in her vision for Brexit or anything else. She has been badly treated by her party since assuming the leadership at a time when nobody was interested in it and whilst I do think that her motivation for remaining might be the financial compensation or something closely linked to it - if she steps down, the chaos will only deepen.

Crazy times in British politics.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Personally I'd take a 5% drop off in the economy for control over our country. However I don't think the economy would drop off by that much. There are so many opportunities outside the EU that we could tap in to. I'd just walk away and accept no deal and get on with trading with the rest of the world. The EU would eventually come back to the table with an attractive offer.

A post so stupid even I wouldn't know where to start :shrug:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally I'd take a 5% drop off in the economy for control over our country. However I don't think the economy would drop off by that much. There are so many opportunities outside the EU that we could tap in to. I'd just walk away and accept no deal and get on with trading with the rest of the world. The EU would eventually come back to the table with an attractive offer.

Interesting point.

Many people voted for the Cameron/Osborne Govt and their proposed cuts back. Admittedly, they had to do something as there was no money left. Voters voted for cuts but most people like cuts that don't affect THEM. Pensioners are usually covered as they have the power of the vote (and the triple lock Pension).

A lot of people of people say they just want to exit because, if they are honest, it won't really affect them, especially retired people who don't need to worry about a job.

You mention a 5% drop, and we don't know the real figure. If you are prepared to take a 5% drop, would you be be prepared for 5 people you know (out of 100 friends/family) to lose their jobs to take control of our country?

Would you be prepared to lose you own job to take control of the country. (sorry, I don't know you, I am assuming you are of working age).

Just curious, as you are the first person who has admitted how much of hit you are prepared to take.

Cheers

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
if i don't get what i voted for, i shall be voting for ukip all over again, there will be millions of others too.

YOU'VE GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU VOTED FOR YOU MORON :facepalm:

You voted to leave and we're leaving. The referendum and the result really is as simple as that.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who said Brexit will make us all poorer??

Farage’s big bucks – The former Ukip leader Nigel Farage earned £524,000 and £700,000 through TV and radio work respectively in the past four years, according to transparency campaigners who are calling on MEPs to be more open about second jobs. The figures make him the highest earner outside the European parliament of any of Britain’s 73 MEPs, according to Transparency International. Last year Farage claimed to be “skint”.
RT ( The kremlin ) seems to pay him well doesn't it ? ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
another post full of irony. i reckon you didnt get it, your earlier description could apply to Brussels who are led and lobbied by business and special interest groups far more than the interests of the European electorate. sneering disregard for electorates is an accusation usually aimed at the European leadership, ignoring public concerns across Europe over and over again.
Apologies, I read it quickly as idiotic instead of ironic and got my back up. should have read more carefully.

Personally I think that the UK politicians are more to blame for the UKs problems than the EU ones. Getting out of the EU may offer a platform to improve and reform the UK government but I doubt it.

Time will tell I suppose but I think it is telling that those banging the brexit drum seem to have disappeared from view.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Apologies, I read it quickly as idiotic instead of ironic and got my back up. should have read more carefully.

Personally I think that the UK politicians are more to blame for the UKs problems than the EU ones. Getting out of the EU may offer a platform to improve and reform the UK government but I doubt it.

Time will tell I suppose but I think it is telling that those banging the brexit drum seem to have disappeared from view.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Spot on. The EU has been a convenient scapegoat providing a cover for an awful government that seem to be hell bent on making life worse for as many people as possible in this country.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm at an airport at the moment and I've never liked hanging around waiting for flights.

I'll take your advice and have a cup of tea :thumbsup:

If you could get people who have got what they voted for to stop whining, that would be a help too :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here