Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You know you're staying up when...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Southampton beat Bournemouth, Stoke fluke a win at Anfield against Liverpool reserves, Swansea beat a totally disinterested and a bit shit lately Chelsea, Hudders beat a crap away from home Everton, and Palace beat an on the beach Leicester. We lose at Burnley =

13 Palace 38
14 Huddersfield 38
15 Brighton 36
16 Swansea 36
17 West Ham 35
18 Southampton 32
19 Stoke 32

How safe do we feel then?

Lot of 'ifs' there. Good luck Capture.JPG :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How much does that accy pay? Lot of 'ifs' there.

Indeed, an awful lot of ifs. £10 pays £11k. So extremely unlikely.

Simplify it to the two results that would really change the complexion of this situation; Burnley win and Southampton win that is just over 5-2.

Four points clear with three to play. We are not safe yet.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Christ on a bike, do some of you guys seek anxiety? I've been saying "safe" since we hit 34 points, none of the bottom three will hit anywhere near this mark. Relax and enjoy what is a superb season, a great team, a fantastic manager and a superb club; even if we don't get another point we're safe! Chill the **** out please. P.S. see you at Anfield for the end of season party!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I knew we wouldn't go down even before the season started; however, I knew we wouldn't have it easy and that it would be close but every time we start to drop within touching distance of the bottom 3 the lads have always put in a massive performance. Next year will be similar because the teams coming up will all be big spenders unless Millwall or Brentford upset the odds and come up.

Progression has been really steady and secure and that's the way it should be done when you can't really compete financially with some of the bigger clubs. So far we have played this like a game of Chess and we are gonna come out Victorious.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I knew we wouldn't go down even before the season started; however, I knew we wouldn't have it easy and that it would be close but every time we start to drop within touching distance of the bottom 3 the lads have always put in a massive performance. Next year will be similar because the teams coming up will all be big spenders unless Millwall or Brentford upset the odds and come up.

Progression has been really steady and secure and that's the way it should be done when you can't really compete financially with some of the bigger clubs. So far we have played this like a game of Chess and we are gonna come out Victorious.

I agree, it would be nice to see players emerging from the U23's also at some stage as we have invested in player development.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.......when you go to the cricket section of the sports news before the football.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
when the NSC Chess club is preparing next season fixtures against prem opposition and playing in the Chess Champions league. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] if you get an influx of Russian, Azerbaijans, Hungarian and Czech (no pun) names you can probably blame us. Also perhaps some Spanish and Finish "Liverpudlians" who were playing active chess against us (and losing) whilst they were on tellybox in the CL

https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
....when you are above Southampton,Stoke,and West Brom.:angel:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
.....when Leo Ulloa puts away a 92 minute equaliser at Anfield, the draw we needed to despatch Palace to the Championship.

Hopefully it will be finalised well before the final game, but hey, we are Brighton and Hove Albion. When have we ever made it easy?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Southampton beat Bournemouth, Stoke fluke a win at Anfield against Liverpool reserves, Swansea beat a totally disinterested and a bit shit lately Chelsea, Hudders beat a crap away from home Everton, and Palace beat an on the beach Leicester. We lose at Burnley =

13 Palace 38
14 Huddersfield 38
15 Brighton 36
16 Swansea 36
17 West Ham 35
18 Southampton 32
19 Stoke 32

You forgot West Ham to beat Man City.

Stlll keeping my fingers crossed that Bournemouth would love to send Saints closer to the Championship and that Chelsea turn up for the Swansea game.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

13 Palace 38
14 Huddersfield 38
15 Brighton 36
16 Swansea 36
17 West Ham 35
18 Southampton 32
19 Stoke 32

It's nice that even the imagined nightmare scenario would leaves us four points clear of danger with five teams below us, several of which still have games against each other. We'd have probably all taken that after the Man City and Leicester games in August.

The current position is of course, even better. We are seven points clear of danger. Three points at Burnley would leave us at least seven points clear of the drop with three to play and would mean that Stoke couldn't catch us even if they did win at Anfield. A win for us and a loss for Southampton would actually make us mathematically safe... In April! Should that happen, I might get drunk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here