Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] J'Accuse: BHAFC Failed In Their Duty Of Care To CPFC Supporters In The Ground On The Night

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
FYP forced plod's hand through their FoI request. To suggest otherwise is frankly ridiculous.

And my 'bizarre beef' with the club is that they left 2,000 spectators inside the ground to self-police for 85/90th's of a match where they owed them a duty of care. The club basically washed their hands of them and left them to fend for themselves. That's inexcusable from any club, including our own.

Restricted movement.
Video surveillance & observation
No physical intervention in order to prevent further escalation & heightened risk of injury to person.

Pretty much text book how crowds in enclosed spaces are handled everywhere if a risk of escalating violence or panic is foreseen.

Dereliction of a duty of care is (in my view) an irrational and ill considered response.
There are other legitimate areas of concern but not this one.

And please don't say bollocks.
You can save that for people who might be intimidated by it.

Seriously surprised. Thought PFF had sussed your password.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don't be a dick. To my knowledge, nobody other than CPFC fans has taken our club to task very much over their handling of the night. BHAFC are currently hiding behind the coattails of the dimwitted dishonest Sussex plod. Any failings inside the stadium are down to OUR club, who owe a duty of care to all spectators within the stadium.

Once again, don't be a dick. Time to move on is when it is publicly acknowledged that mistakes have been made and lessons have been learned. So far there's been a deafening silence from OUR club. Just won't do :nono:

I supposed your 3rd (is it?) thread on the subject in less that a fortnight on the subject sums up what is wrong with today's society. What has happened to people having any patience, and allowing people to do their jobs? They are deluded if they think things like this will be sorted out within a few hours of the event

Why would they inform the public whilst the investigation is ongoing, which could possibly forewarn those they go after, giving them opportunity to put together an alibi before they are picked up, or to influence public opinion against individuals, meaning a fair trial may not be possible because of bias towards potential defendants caused by what would become a trial by social media

What do you want, a rushed investigation and debrief that may contain errors as not all of the evidence and facts have been gathered and examined? Or would you rather they do a thorough job and get to the right conclusions. How long does it take to gather and examine all the available footage, how long does it take to get officers to try to identify any suspects or persons of interest (they do have rest days, holidays and their normal duties to perform) - should other areas of policing suffer just to prioritise this investigation? are you expecting all of the rest of the policing the force carries out to be put on hold because you want an over the top response to a few fireworks being let off, a bit of graffiti, and a few people getting into a football match without tickets, caused by weight of numbers.

It's impossible to completely guess everything that will happen,and plan accordingly, so they would have tried to put together the best thing they could, based on previous games, intelligence and national guidelines, etc. It's impossible, without hindsight, to get it all right and i'm sure that they will look at what worked, what they can improve upon for next time and alter their plans for future matches, but again, things take time and why would they reveal these plans, if all that means is that those who aim to cause trouble are forewarned and can plan around these measures

You seem very content to blame the club and the Police, but very little criticism is being sent towards those actually responsible, those that caused the trouble in the first place

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Guy Fawkes is bored of threads about fireworks! Amazing.. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

To be fair, I have had to put up with fireworks for 412 years !!! (which also seems to be about the same amount of time that Tom Hark has been banging on about his subject)

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Who the hell is this Jack Hughes chappy anyway?

(Someone had to ask it)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion did nothing wrong at all. The blame lies solely with the little uniformed pikeys and that’s that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
FYP forced plod's hand through their FoI request. To suggest otherwise is frankly ridiculous.

And my 'bizarre beef' with the club is that they left 2,000 spectators inside the ground to self-police for 85/90th's of a match where they owed them a duty of care. The club basically washed their hands of them and left them to fend for themselves. That's inexcusable from any club, including our own.

What would have been your strategy? What do you think "any other club" would have done? Doing pretty much anything else would have escalated the situation and created more risk not less. Not sure you have thought this through.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Don't be a dick. To my knowledge, nobody other than CPFC fans has taken our club to task very much over their handling of the night. BHAFC are currently hiding behind the coattails of the dimwitted dishonest Sussex plod. Any failings inside the stadium are down to OUR club, who owe a duty of care to all spectators within the stadium.

As far as I’ve seen CPFC fans aren’t interested in anything other than shirking any and all responsibility in their fans’ role in the utter shambles of the night. Much, less holding BHAFC to account and more blame anyone but ourselves IMO.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
John Johnson - my arse! Couldn't you come up with a better false name when you were nicked?

Did Guy Fawkes come from Wisconsin?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here