Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Help please: any Builders on NSC that fix damp?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
WIll cost best part of £500 for scaffolding one elevation of a 3 bed semi but depends on how much blown render there is and what needs to come off on the inside etc.. if its a couple of patches, its a lot, if its half the house it sounds about right. Are they recomended and not just a cowboy that works for Bodgit and Scarper....???

Recommended, a near neighbour. I know they’re reputable, no concerns on that front. And Thank you for your input. Appreciated, ta.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I’m Seagulls over Maidenhead chairperson :)

The town I was born in! I only asked as you made a reference, something to do with a dragon, and I immediately linked it with Wales, I live in Wales and have been involved in the building industry pretty much all my life, had that been the case and you were within say 50 miles or so, I would have gladly come and looked at the issue and given you some advice and maybe got one of my contractors involved, sadly you are a bit too far away.....good luck though :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The town I was born in! I only asked as you made a reference, something to do with a dragon, and I immediately linked it with Wales, I live in Wales and have been involved in the building industry pretty much all my life, had that been the case and you were within say 50 miles or so, I would have gladly come and looked at the issue and given you some advice and maybe got one of my contractors involved, sadly you are a bit too far away.....good luck though :thumbsup:

That’s really nice of you either way, thanks for that. By return, what would you like to know about Maidenhead these days? The Mags are doing brilliantly under Alan Devonshire and York Roads has had a bit of an upgrade. Can still take a pint onto the terrace! And of course the local MP’s Theresa. Skindels has finally gone though, they’re building thousands of houses there currently. Town centre being improved, slowly but surely. Still on balance a depressing shopping experience compared to other local towns. Albeit Slough is still bringing up the rear! Always has, always will! :) Good Old Slough!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
That’s really nice of you either way, thanks for that. By return, what would you like to know about Maidenhead these days? The Mags are doing brilliantly under Alan Devonshire and York Roads has had a bit of an upgrade. Can still take a pint onto the terrace! And of course the local MP’s Theresa. Skindels has finally gone though, they’re building thousands of houses there currently. Town centre being improved, slowly but surely. Still on balance a depressing shopping experience compared to other local towns. Albeit Slough is still bringing up the rear! Always has, always will! :) Good Old Slough!

Your welcome.
With regards to Maidenhead, we drive through it now and again, my Grandparents and Aunt & Uncle are buried in the cemetery on Windsor Road so we go there once a year, but I have no family there anymore so no reason to really go back, all my early youth was spent in and around Bray.

Funny enough I do still keep an eye out for Maidenheads results, Alan Devonshire is doing a reasonable job by the looks of it, though the last few results haven't been brilliant!

Hope you get your building issue sorted ok :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Your welcome.
With regards to Maidenhead, we drive through it now and again, my Grandparents and Aunt & Uncle are buried in the cemetery on Windsor Road so we go there once a year, but I have no family there anymore so no reason to really go back, all my early youth was spent in and around Bray.

Funny enough I do still keep an eye out for Maidenheads results, Alan Devonshire is doing a reasonable job by the looks of it, though the last few results haven't been brilliant!

Hope you get your building issue sorted ok :thumbsup:
Blimey, Brays v.posh! Did you live next door to Michael Caine or Billy Connolly (or Rolf Harris!)? Carol from BBC weather lives there now, was chatting to her earlier this year. Very nice lady indeed. Cheers!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Blimey, Brays v.posh! Did you live next door to Michael Caine or Billy Connolly (or Rolf Harris!)? Carol from BBC weather lives there now, was chatting to her earlier this year. Very nice lady indeed. Cheers!

Michael Parkinson actually! Billy Connolly was close by we did meet him quite a long time after leaving there!! My Grandfather owned a lot of land in Bray, he sold a chunk of it back in the early 70s, he then sold his back garden (in Windsor Road) off to a developer who built 30 odd houses........for those wondering he did die a multi millionaire.......I got £100 inheritance! :lol: (sadly the latter is very much the truth!! :lol: ) My uncle died in 1997, he lived in Bray as well, after he died it was pretty much the end of our relationship with the area, we still drive through from time to time (when we visit the graves) and I do go down memory lane, yes, it is a very lovely area and there is a few quid knocking about there!! (non of it mine!!!! :lol: )

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Michael Parkinson actually! Billy Connolly was close by we did meet him quite a long time after leaving there!! My Grandfather owned a lot of land in Bray, he sold a chunk of it back in the early 70s, he then sold his back garden (in Windsor Road) off to a developer who built 30 odd houses........for those wondering he did die a multi millionaire.......I got £100 inheritance! :lol: (sadly the latter is very much the truth!! :lol: ) My uncle died in 1997, he lived in Bray as well, after he died it was pretty much the end of our relationship with the area, we still drive through from time to time (when we visit the graves) and I do go down memory lane, yes, it is a very lovely area and there is a few quid knocking about there!! (non of it mine!!!! :lol: )

It's a lovely part of the UK, Taplow, Cliveden and Burnham Beeches included.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Ow yes, sorry, of course Brays most famous celeb of all. Parky’s Mr Bray, the cricket clubs in his DNA. His son runs an excellent pub nearby, was there last month and often see the rich and famous there eg last year Chris Evans and Alex thingy from One show were sat on table next to us. They were last ones out and having a very good night as were we as we were penultimate ones to go! Blimey, if that land was in your family now and you sold it (and as you say, was a lot when they did), my god, you’d be richer than Tony probably. Maidenhead and Windsor is one of the most expensive house prices in country. My sheds worth quarter of a mill...half a mill if I clean the bird s hit off! :) Crazy prices round here but all relative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here