Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Brighton Kop

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
liverpool fan here, live down here.

I know a bunch of liverpool fans down here (never knew of of this carry on in the K&Q though.. i've even seen a game or two in there). Of the 2 who are closest mates
one has a season ticket for you lot, the other had enough points for 3 tickets (west stand) to see todays game. My point being people love football enough to support their local team (except today) even when their heart is elsewhere.
not sure how this relates to the 'Brighton Kop' but live and let live I say . At least the kids round here aren't wearing Chelsea shirts anymore..

1-5 . what the ****. seen you a few times this season but our front line made you look like Brighton !!

So didnt make it to watch the Nigels today. Troll

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I know a bunch of liverpool fans down here (never knew of of this carry on in the K&Q though.. i've even seen a game or two in there). Of the 2 who are closest mates
one has a season ticket for you lot, the other had enough points for 3 tickets (west stand) to see todays game. My point being people love football enough to support their local team (except today) even when their heart is elsewhere.
not sure how this relates to the 'Brighton Kop' but live and let live I say . At least the kids round here aren't wearing Chelsea shirts anymore..

1-5 . what the ****. seen you a few times this season but our front line made you look like Brighton !!

I'm a tad confused by your post.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's human nature to be drawn to sporting teams that have flair players and/or win the big prizes.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Spuds miss out year after year after year on the PL and CL, due to the huge cash inflows into ManU, ManC and Chelsea. So people certainly are not choosing Liverpool and the other two as glory hunters.

Instead they just fall for those clubs. It always been the same, long before Sky. At a Sussex school in the 70's and early 80's, tons of kids there were big fans of clubs other than the Albion. They've kept up those allegiances and often passed that love on to their kids.

I can see kids being drawn to incredibly skillful players, but with adulthood comes the realisation that all players are temporary. They can be drawn to them enough to enjoy watching them, but it's not enough to affiliate support. Otherwise you would be changing team every year, perhaps even between windows.

For the life of me I cannot understand how you can possibly say that attaching yourself to Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool is not glory hunting. They are part of the 6 that have comprised the CL spaces over the last few years and will continue to try and enrich themselves at the expense of others. It's not long ago that they all won trophies either, they have absurd transfer and wage budgets, contain numerous multi-million pound international players and market their 'product' everywhere they possibly can.

Yes it's always gone on, though I would argue with the social media and broadcasting boon it's now significantly worse. Doesn't mean it's any more tolerable in the modern day than it was then, or good for football moving forward. What if all the kids today saw us get smashed by liverpool and decided the grass is greener? There has to be a greater meaning to it than just liking the way a team plays and the players they have. If we can't make future generations see that then all but 10 clubs may aswell pack it in now.

An indifferent attitude of live and let live and what will be will be is lovely.. until football becomes shit and we're all left wondering what went wrong.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just some Palace troll probably. Coming on here now he's finished ******* over them managing to draw nil nil with West Brom.

The nice thing that comes out of all this mate, is when we are in the Prem in 5 years and Palace are in L1 they will finally admit our model worked and theirs went down the shitter with the Arthur Waite stand.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Whether you are on a wind up or not - piss off.

You're embarrassing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I'd love to know how to get 'enough points for 3 tickets'.

Is that how your scheme works at Selhurst ? ???

Gull & Chips

Nov 30, 2017
I'd love to know how to get 'enough points for 3 tickets'.

Is that how your scheme works at Selhurst ? ???

i did reply trying to make my point more clearly but i cant see it anywhere. Not sure why such offence had been taken.

Points was a shorthand way to refer to the membership and purchase history needed to buy tickets for this game. I wasn't able to as i didnt have enough previous purchases to qualify. Obviously i should have chosen my words more accurately, i didn't think it was particularly though.

In a somewhat cack handed way i was trying to say people like football and different teams for all sorts of reasons . my friends, although Liverpool fans but live in brighton, like the game so much that one has a season ticket for the Amex and the other comes regularly enough that he has the correct membership / purchase history to enable him to buy tickets for this match. Clear ?

other than that.. we just beat you by 4 goals . probably the wrong place for a little dig , so sorry for that.

Outside of Liverpool we always shout for brighton and encourage my kids to support them as if they grow up liking going to the match then Anfield is 270 miles away (apparently) and its hard for us to get up there more than twice a year.

hope that explanation is clearer.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
err...yes....we used to sing it in the north stand old boy...

Sadly you are at least partially correct, it was sung in the North and ALWAYS sounded total shit. Meanwhile the North Stand was NEVER referred to as the 'Kop of the South' .........dear chap :smile:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
i did reply trying to make my point more clearly but i cant see it anywhere. Not sure why such offence had been taken.

Points was a shorthand way to refer to the membership and purchase history needed to buy tickets for this game. I wasn't able to as i didnt have enough previous purchases to qualify. Obviously i should have chosen my words more accurately, i didn't think it was particularly though.

In a somewhat cack handed way i was trying to say people like football and different teams for all sorts of reasons . my friends, although Liverpool fans but live in brighton, like the game so much that one has a season ticket for the Amex and the other comes regularly enough that he has the correct membership / purchase history to enable him to buy tickets for this match. Clear ?

other than that.. we just beat you by 4 goals . probably the wrong place for a little dig , so sorry for that.

Outside of Liverpool we always shout for brighton and encourage my kids to support them as if they grow up liking going to the match then Anfield is 270 miles away (apparently) and its hard for us to get up there more than twice a year.

hope that explanation is clearer.

Even as a bronze member you could not buy more than one ticket for this match

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sadly you are at least partially correct, it was sung in the North and ALWAYS sounded total shit. Meanwhile the North Stand was NEVER referred to as the 'Kop of the South' .........dear chap :smile:

well ....i would have been a half cut school kid but i definitely remember it.....used to go in front of the NW stand with my dad early days but a distant memory now ...35 years ago ...!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
well ....i would have been a half cut school kid but i definitely remember it.....used to go in front of the NW stand with my dad early days but a distant memory now ...35 years ago ...!!

I've been watching the Albion since 1980, I've never heard the term used

Gull & Chips

Nov 30, 2017
Even as a bronze member you could not buy more than one ticket for this match

presumably has membership for each family member as well as himself. This is Liverpool fan, spending money on brighton for the love of the game , not the team. I know at least one other Liverpool supported doing the same.

Like i said i people enjoy football for different reasons in different ways. If this means making a supporters club for a far away team, what harm is there in it ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone joining our Sky Sports-brainwashed plastic gloryhunting JJB Sports replica shirt-clad friends in the King and Queen for the game tomorrow then ? Just imagine all that outpouring of faux-joy as "their" £500m+ team 300 miles away racks up a score against their local one.

What an insufferable bunch of cockspangles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here