Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvellous scenes.. of Brighton, circa 1965..

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
I think it says: United Commercial Travellers' Association - a trade union maybe ???

Does anyone know where Findlaters Wine Merchants was ???

Findlaters was in Waterloo Street, Hove. I worked there in 1964/5 as a relief manager in the off-licences and met the wife there, she worked in the offices

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The first few seconds coming into the Brighton on the A23 reminded me that it was 3 lanes. One lane northbound, one lane southbound and the middle lane was the overtaking lane .....FOR BOTH DIRECTIONS !!!!!

No it wasn't. Between the pylons (from Pyecombe to Patcham) it was 4 lanes. 2 each way. Though it wasn't uncommon to see cars using a third lane (the overtaking one for the other direction).

Excellent bit of film. I'm looking forward to watching it on a bigger screen later. Preston Circus looked amazing!

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Cheers!
Were you in the film then?

No, I was only 19years old at the time, but recognised several of the warehouse staff. In those days we had a beer allowance (free) of a pint a day of bottled beer - great times!!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Findlaters was in Waterloo Street, Hove. I worked there in 1964/5 as a relief manager in the off-licences and met the wife there, she worked in the offices

Before Findlaters it was Robbins Brewery premises. Findlaters had outlets all over Brighton & Hove, the one on the corner of Nile St. & Black Lion Street was the scene of a robbery where the manageress was sadly murdered. The crime is still unsolved.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
My guess it was in the spring with a floral congrats to the Albion

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Before Findlaters it was Robbins Brewery premises. Findlaters had outlets all over Brighton & Hove, the one on the corner of Nile St. & Black Lion Street was the scene of a robbery where the manageress was sadly murdered. The crime is still unsolved.

Thought I'd be the only person that remembered that. As the youngster in Walter Gillett's shop, I was regularly sent to buy a bottle of Cockfosters Port for a member of staff. I was interviewed by the Police, I couldn't help. Funny the things you remember.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I still find it odd looking at the Pavilion in its sandy paint-job that we have today instead of the blue hue of the 70s. It always looks like it's had the primer and is waiting for the top coat.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Rockery, not rookery.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here