Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think I might boo Stephens as soon as he walks on the pitch, I'm not even gonna give him a chance

Your too kind, my response to the poster would've strayed so far from irony into sarcasm it would incur an immediate weeks' ban!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Nothing against Stephens, but replacing one of our best players for several years it would be rather underwhelming, would you not agree?

Can you give me an in depth analysis of Stephens? I've only seen him play once or twice.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Just pleased it is over. We knew it was coming, he effectively was on strike (withdrawing his labour as he wanted to leave) so Gus had the upper hand and it was just how much. 3 million is good business ( 4 million if you include Barnes as well). Now we just have to spend well.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Really don't see the need for the constantly shifting thread title.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just pleased it is over. We knew it was coming, he effectively was on strike (withdrawing his labour as he wanted to leave) so Gus had the upper hand and it was just how much. 3 million is good business ( 4 million if you include Barnes as well). Now we just have to spend well.

That £4M will go nicely to offsetting our losses to bring us into line with FFP.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Nope.

Price I heard was £2.5 million + £0.5 million add ons, the price Sunderland paid, so Albion will actually receive less than this, more like £2 million, I expect.

Dale Stephens will likely use up more than half of that fee.

I thought a purchase price of £3.5 million would have been the most they would have paid.

I do not hold with Liam Bridcutt being that good. Over-rated and in some respects we had a considerable weakness of opponents dribbling against us through the centre of the park.

Must agree, have we missed him this year, no, does he have current form and fitness, no, this is just business so lets all understand that and get the best we can. He's a young man very impressionable from the authority figures in his formative years, Gus Poyet, so let him go and find out about life in the prem under pressure. Don't get caught in possession Liam and see how much time you get on the ball. he's not played consistently and consecutively for over six months now so I reckon this could be a great piece of business. Presumably Poyet is the only person chasing him, which shows his true value.

Stumpy Tim

Nope.

Price I heard was £2.5 million + £0.5 million add ons, the price Sunderland paid, so Albion will actually receive less than this, more like £2 million, I expect.

Dale Stephens will likely use up more than half of that fee.

I thought a purchase price of £3.5 million would have been the most they would have paid.

I do not hold with Liam Bridcutt being that good. Over-rated and in some respects we had a considerable weakness of opponents dribbling against us through the centre of the park.

A spectacularly incorrect post. Well played

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can you give me an in depth analysis of Stephens? I've only seen him play once or twice.

Not in depth, but a mate in the office who is a Charlton fan says he'll be gutted to see him go. Make of that what you will :shrug:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That £4M will go nicely to offsetting our losses to bring us into line with FFP.

That is true. 4 million in is 4 million closer to being out the red. However signings are spread over the period of the contract so if we spend 4 million on 4 players all with 4 year contracts then tecnically we have only spent 1 million this year and the rest is split evenly over the period the player signs for.
So we can still spend that 4 million and edge that much closer to FFP

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

So clearly no communication between Sunderland and Bridcutt then, seeing as Bridcutt and Poyet share the same agent. We'll come out of this alright and lets hope we get Sunderland in the next round of the cup, at home!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not in depth, but a mate in the office who is a Charlton fan says he'll be gutted to see him go. Make of that what you will :shrug:

I know nothing about him but our record of bringing in the right sort of player over the last couple of years is pretty good.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I'm sure Sky don't know the fee, and I'm sure we've got the best deal we possibly can. Best for all parties that this is now concluded, and we move onto bringing players in to strengthen the squad. Liam has not really contributed this season, so the money we receive from Sunderland can now be redeployed to replace Ash, AEA and Crofty. Make it happen TB, DB, OG! The clock is ticking...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here