Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yes - Project Fear, once again! One day, Brexiteers will wake up and realise that the much-derided "Project Fear" is actually happening now. Quite a few have woken up....others will follow soon. If you can't see the huge car crash around the corner, I am genuinely worried for you.
Not the ones on here Jim. You are trying to rationalise with a small number of ideologues, who have no interest in rational outcomes. All the time the triple lick remains in place, the elderly bigots can side with the ultra-rich knowing they will not face the consequences.

History demonstrates repeatedly that the instigators of revolution are rarely the benefactors. Let's hope this nonsense doesn't get that far.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe, just maybe, as much as he loves football and the Albion he is willing to put past failings aside to do what he believes is best for his country.
Anyway, it's a cheap shot, accusing someone of disrespecting the Albion for their political leanings.

And not nearly as big a betrayal as every single Leave voter selling the country down the river.

And not only this....but it was over two decades ago. The party has different leaders now and the architects of these past failings are long gone.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And not only this....but it was over two decades ago. The party has different leaders now and the architects of these past failings are long gone.

Quite. It's absolutely no different to boycotting the Albion because past owners tried to destroy us. Different time, different people.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
shambles2.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Brexit negotiations are faltering and the British government’s hopes of opening talks this autumn on a future trade deal with the EU look increasingly likely to be dashed, the bloc’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, has told member states."

"In the starkest sign yet of the parlous state of the talks, Barnier told ambassadors that the UK had been unable to provide sufficient clarity on its positions."

Going well I see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For months we've been told by the Brexiteers on this board that the UK has a strategy but doesn't want to reveal its hand. This was clearly rubbish. Brexit, by the clueless, for the clueless?

Quite. It was always going to come to this. There's only so long they could lie before they were exposed.

Even if they did have a strategy (they don't) it would be suicide to keep it a secret, we have no time for games. Cards on the table, total transparency is the only slim chance we had of salvaging this fiasco and May has blown that. Utter incompetence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite. It was always going to come to this. There's only so long they could lie before they were exposed.

And in the last 48 hours we've had three different takes on immigration from three different cabinet members.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's a bit like Liverpool and the Sun. These guys and their party tried to destroy our club. They'll never have my vote again.

It's a terrible terrible thing to say but I actually believe the future of the country is more important than the past of the Albion.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Now the new Irish Government are singing from a different hymn sheet to the previous one on the question of the Irish border. It's all at sea, rather like their suggestion for the border. The coalition of crackpots wont like this. :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And in the last 48 hours we've had three different takes on immigration from three different cabinet members.

Listening to Hammond on the Today programme seems to be a broad consensus in cabinet towards a Norway model during a transitional period 2019-22. Does seem to be emerging towards a business first / damage control Brexit, This article is yesterday's Guardian sums it up well we have little choice

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...rdliners-soft-brexit-tough-negotiate-properly

There's hope

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe, just maybe, as much as he loves football and the Albion he is willing to put past failings aside to do what he believes is best for his country.
Anyway, it's a cheap shot, accusing someone of disrespecting the Albion for their political leanings.

And not nearly as big a betrayal as every single Leave voter selling the country down the river.

Not sure what it being two decades ago has to do with it. When the Lib Dems were doing their utmost to destroy the club I swore never to vote for them in my lifetime. They were attempting to wreck something that brings pleasure to my life. I'm not so forgiving as you two clearly ..... I assume you'll both shake Archers hand if you bumped into him and say "it was 20 years ago, let's live and forget". Let's not forget that people went to prison or got criminal records fighting these scum.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite. It's absolutely no different to boycotting the Albion because past owners tried to destroy us. Different time, different people.

Indeed you can't just boycott the Lib Dems because of actions 15-20 years ago. Maybe one day I might vote Tory, but they've got us into a right mess and will have to a lot to get us out of it

What i do know is I've only had my Lib dem MP 6 weeks and she's highly effective and has been successful in lobbying government and bringing important issues to the table. Already 19 questions in parliament.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure what it being two decades ago has to do with it. When the Lib Dems were doing their utmost to destroy the club I swore never to vote for them in my lifetime. They were attempting to wreck something that brings pleasure to my life. I'm not so forgiving as you two clearly ..... I assume you'll both shake Archers hand if you bumped into him and say "it was 20 years ago, let's live and forget". Let's not forget that people went to prison or got criminal records fighting these scum.

It's not about being forgiving, which I am, my point about the 20 years is the simple fact that none of the Lib Dems involved then are involved now. And further more this is about individuals within the party and not the party itself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder what the people of Liverpool would say if that was put to them......

Why would the people of Liverpool have any interest in Brighton's past?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's not about being forgiving, which I am, my point about the 20 years is the simple fact that none of the Lib Dems involved then are involved now. And further more this is about individuals within the party and not the party itself.

You think things would be different now ? Really ?

Yes there were individuals ( although LDC was a party collective ) BUT, as I pointed out, the party leadership didn't give a shit either. Note you didn't answer if you would shake Archers hand - after all it was 20 years ago and he's only an individual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here