Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Trump hates not being in charge of the message, hence why he rails against the mention of Russia. He also knows his voter base.

He's not looking to convert or appeal to anyone outside it, just appeasing his core voters. The problem he's having is that two big wins with this base were (i) building the wall and (ii) repealing Obamacare.

Neither are going as he planned, or thought they might. In the great tradition of many a government he's hoping that he can keep them away from this subject via deflection. His worst nightmare is the right starting to ask questions and even attacking him.

How do you do that? Well you enrage the left, who will attack you and then the right will invariably get involved in the scrap and thus as far away from asking about Obamacare and walls as can be.

I imagine he's got a list of subject areas he knows will get bites from the left and guarantee his voter base are busy getting angry with the obvious backlash it intends to provoke. This will die down, and in a few weeks he'll lob another tweet out for the same reason.

Just anything but folk asking about the wall and Obamacare.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A lot of these points can just come under "that's politics". I could compare a lot of that with the DNC election process and make comparisons but really what is the point? Meeting with someone isn't illegal. Until we get proof that the Russians hacked electoral machines or are found to be destroying voting ballots I'll be keeping the innocent until proven guilty idea that has proven so useful in the past.

Which is why there is an investigation in the USA, because clearly it's not 'just politics'. And, special counsel will have explored a lot more points than the few I've raised on a football chatroom.

I am 100% in agreement with this decision, the suicide rates for ex military in the US is very high and something that is trying to be addressed and is still a huge work in progress. 40% of transgender people have attempted suicide,when you combine the two it creates an absolute hotbed of suicide and mental illness. Instead of using this as an excuse for political point scoring maybe we should all realise that this is another fantastic opportunity to address the taboo of mental illness and suicide rates which are not getting enough attention. I mean it's up to you really, you either use it as an opportunity to improve our world or you use it as an opportunity to point score.

The head of the Royal Navy appears to disagree with you 100%, but hey ho, who cares what experts think.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Which is why there is an investigation in the USA, because clearly it's not 'just politics'. And, special counsel will have explored a lot more points than the few I've raised on a football chatroom.

The head of the Royal Navy appears to disagree with you 100%, but hey ho, who cares what experts think.

It is 100% proven that the DNC election process was rigged and it was just politics so at this point who can really say? American politics is absurd.

Can you provide a source on the head of The Royal Navy disputing suicide stats? Proper weird that you consider him a expert in suicides and psychology of transgenders and veterans in a totally different country and military. But I am willing to keep an open mind :)

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It is 100% proven that the DNC election process was rigged and it was just politics so at this point who can really say? American politics is absurd.

Can you provide a source on the head of The Royal Navy disputing suicide stats? Proper weird that you consider him a expert in suicides and psychology of transgenders and veterans in a totally different country and military. But I am willing to keep an open mind :)

Let me clarify, and accept the poor phraseology I used earlier - he 100% disagrees with the decision that Trump has taken and you endorse.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Let me clarify, and accept the poor phraseology I used earlier - he 100% disagrees with the decision that Trump has taken and you endorse.

Ah OK fair enough. I have no idea why DT has made this decision, but I stand by the reasons I gave for agreeing with it and we could turn this into a pretty great thing if we wanted to stop taking shots.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why? Are they bad at their jobs?

No, because it is a highly complex psychological issue that the military shouldn't have to deal with. It would only take a day before someone says or does the wrong thing and then the military will be at court and being sued over it. All it would mean is lengthy court case after court case, and good military people who are not pc being booted out.

Basically it just opens up a can of worms in a profession that already has its own problems. The military isn't the right place for people going through psychological issues because it is tough enough as it is.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
The use of 9 year old Dylan's latter is ****ing laughable. WH falling to pieces so deflect deflect deflect.

This is 100% true ...Trump doing everything he can so create a thick smog of shit he's involved with to distract from the links with Russia.....the Transgender one is just one of many.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's truly pathetic. US President with Twitter Tourettes. Weakened UK PM cap in hand with a big money bribe to a no-mark throwback Ulster party.

Jeez! No wonder Angela Merkel is now Leader Of The Free World almost by default.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will go down in history as the oddest man-child of a President ever. He's REALLY odd.

"Look, I must be a good President, this child says so!"

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No, because it is a highly complex psychological issue that the military shouldn't have to deal with. It would only take a day before someone says or does the wrong thing and then the military will be at court and being sued over it. All it would mean is lengthy court case after court case, and good military people who are not pc being booted out.

Basically it just opens up a can of worms in a profession that already has its own problems. The military isn't the right place for people going through psychological issues because it is tough enough as it is.

What about transgender people who are happy in their own bodies and not going through psychological issues? Can they join the military?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What about transgender people who are happy in their own bodies and not going through psychological issues? Can they join the military?

Agreed. Surely they just do psychological testing for everyone, no matter what gender?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

I'm sure you can formulate an argument that anyone wanting to join the military has psychological issues.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure you can formulate an argument that anyone wanting to join the military has psychological issues.

We probably all have psychological issues. Especially anyone willing to devote time to a football chatroom. :)

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ah OK fair enough. I have no idea why DT has made this decision, but I stand by the reasons I gave for agreeing with it and we could turn this into a pretty great thing if we wanted to stop taking shots.

Now, had Trump announced an increase in funding to examine the psychological issues facing US service personnel both in service and out of service that would have been great news. Had he talked about the need to operate a military where those that might be most exposed to psychological pressure resulting in an increased risk in suicide, that would have been responsible and the right move - protecting people of all genders. I guess it just doesn't have the 'front page' ring about it though. Trump talks about fake news, but he is trying to 'Make News' and responsible policy doesn't cut it. He has actually added to the psychological pressure heaped on transgender people by yet again saying they are not welcome in all walks of society.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will go down in history as the oddest man-child of a President ever. He's REALLY odd.

"Look, I must be a good President, this child says so!"

Just makes you wonder what it will actually take to kick the creep out of office and preferably into jail. Cock appears to consider himself some kind of God who can dish out pardons willy-nilly, including to himself and his monster family members and cronies. Impeachment is the absolute minimum that should happen to that shyster.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Agreed. Surely they just do psychological testing for everyone, no matter what gender?

That doesn't stop veterans from killing themselves though does it? So again, combining a group of people with a high suicide rate with a career that has a high suicide rate is absolutely ridiculous and is not in the best interest of anybody. You can be refused to serve in the military over things like asthma, nobody has a right to serve. Not allowing people with mental health conditions, high suicide rates, and expensive medical requirements to serve seems fair enough to me. It's the military, it isn't the place for the whole 'let's protect everyone's feelings' thing we've got going on lately.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here