Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Weird places to see Brighton support!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
attachment.php

My wife spotted this on tonight's
Hollyoaks ��

Your wife ? really ?
You sir are what the Pastafarian refers to as a Jigglypuff:amex:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Found myself behind Ngombo sea resort in Sri Lanka walking the semi jungle paths and admiring the dutch canal system. Two old men outside a hut showed me an old lathe built in Halifax. All of a sudden kids ran around the corner and one of the girls was wearing an old kit shirt! Fan? hmm... guessed it must have been a tourist donating it.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
At my father's funeral at St Andrew's Church, Milton Keynes. The parish priest is an Albion fan and during the service referred to the Albion and our family's support for the club especially father, holding from the pulpit a copy of John Vinicombe's "Up, Up and Away" as he did so. The funeral director, another Albion fan, ensured the proceedings were impeccably carried out.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was walking home through Faversham one late afternoon, in order to get the car and drive to the eveing game, when I noticed an Albion sticker in the back window of a car parked down near the creek. It was the same make and colour of car as mine, too. I took this as an omen for the evening. It was the evening of the playoff semi final second leg against you know who :ffsparr:

Apparently there are lots of us in Kent. I often wear a team shirt on the way to London on the train. One evening a bloke started chatting, spotting the shirt. Turned out he is a season ticket holder, living in Canterbury, and a professor of medical economics at the same uni as me. All the best, Martin, if you lurk on here.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wine tasting in Truro on Friday, the shop owner was reminiscing about all things Brighton, including the Hereford game.

He had a large map of Spain, to show the vineyard locations, and took great pleasure in pointing out Zamora!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I know of at least two others in this little area of Leigh on Sea, Essex. One of them I could probably hit with a reasonably strong throw of a brick.

I also went to a dinner with Ron "chopper" Harris, the Chelsea legend...got talking about the Albion, turns out he's a fan too.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
A few years ago I had a holiday down in Cornwall staying at a little village called Praze en Beeble. After dropping our gear at our holiday home we ventured out and in this tiny village right near the end of England, we saw a cafe with an Albion flag flying out of window. I was stunned.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Paphos Cyprus, went this summer and met a few Albion fans staying in the same hotel, also saw a kid wearing a home shirt, he told me he didn't support Brighton but his grandfather did and bought him the shirt.

Went to the same hotel in 2012 and also met some Albion fans.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know of at least two others in this little area of Leigh on Sea, Essex. One of them I could probably hit with a reasonably strong throw of a brick.

I also went to a dinner with Ron "chopper" Harris, the Chelsea legend...got talking about the Albion, turns out he's a fan too.

What happened to Leigh Gull? Is he one of them?

Feb 14, 2010
The twins from Hollyoaks are the (great?) nieces of the Brighton player who has played more times for the Albion than anyone else (Brian Powney). Might be them who introduce Hollyoaks to the Albion.

wangeye

Dec 1, 2014
Paphos Cyprus, went this summer and met a few Albion fans staying in the same hotel, also saw a kid wearing a home shirt, he told me he didn't support Brighton but his grandfather did and bought him the shirt.

Went to the same hotel in 2012 and also met some Albion fans.
What hotel?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here