Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the most you did/would/have paid for a concert/theatre ticket ?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
In the 80s I paid £100 off a tout to watch Bowie at the Brixton Academy - dread to think what that is now days

£100 in 1985 is approx £280 today...possibly my favourite venue but what was the set list like?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well incl booking fee £100 for the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park for the 50th anniv tour.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In 1989 I paid £80 quid for a cup final ticket. Liv v Everton. Looking back I have no idea why

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I paid 50p to see the Piranhas in the Alhambra. I might pay up to a pound to see someone decent these days but I ain't lining their pockets.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Most I've ever paid was £65 for Green Day and Kaiser Chiefs at The Emirates 2 years ago. I don't think there is a single artist I would ever pay more than that to go and see. Unless Freddie came back from the dead that is.

He does in Nightmare in Elm Street Part 2

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Paid £100 for Kate Bush last year, was worth it.

Most I paid a tout was £25 for the Ramones at the Town & Country Club, back when £25 was a lot of money and not the price of a round.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I paid about £250 to see the Rolling Stones.

Went with my dad, one of the best, if not the best, gig I've ever been too. punk:punk:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I recently paid €198 for a U2 ticket. I've seen the stones a few times and they always come at a premium but I can't recall exactly how much.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
450 for 2 Chili Peppers tickets plus 200 for a car to take us there and back from Brighton. I'd promised the girlfriend but had to but them off Any Ticket which was always a rip off. I suppose they had just released By The Way and were in demand. I wouldn't pay a quid to see them these days and they were right off form as well, no high jinks inbetween songs , just on, performed the album almost by the track list, couple of old ones, a long rambling cover of so a funk track and they offed. It was at the long closed Docklands Arena which was a shockingly bad venue.

Expensive, shit night that was topped a week later when the bitch dumped me when she found out how much the car and tickets cost as she thought it was too big a gesture. That was after her begging for tickets. We'd been together 2 years so I don't think it was the gig, I think it was my tiny cock and balls.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I recently paid €198 for a U2 ticket. I've seen the stones a few times and they always come at a premium but I can't recall exactly how much.

£ 116 per ticket last time I saw them at the O2 about 3 years ago. Always worth it in my opinion.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The title, at the very least, suggests that this is a valid thread.
My answer is £500, maybe £1k if things are going well, to see Tom Waits. Mind you, I might have to wait. His last European 'tour' constituted two nights in a small venue in Paris about a decade ago. Tom likes to say "gotta keep em keen".
Ooh, yes I did pay 300 for a single Tom Waits ticket. Sat behind Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton. Must be over a decade ago now, I'll look for the stub later. Unbelievable night and no girlfriend. Perfect.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
450 for 2 chili peppers tickets plus 200 for a car to take us there and back from brighton. I'd promised the girlfriend but had to but them off any ticket which was always a rip off. I suppose they had just released by the way and were in demand. I wouldn't pay a quid to see them these days and they were right off form as well, no high jinks inbetween songs , just on, performed the album almost by the track list, couple of old ones, a long rambling cover of so a funk track and they offed. It was at the long closed docklands arena which was a shockingly bad venue.

Expensive, shit night that was topped a week later when the bitch dumped me when she found out how much the car and tickets cost as she thought it was too big a gesture. That was after her begging for tickets. We'd been together 2 years so i don't think it was the gig, i think it was my tiny cock and balls.

lol !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£ 116 per ticket last time I saw them at the O2 about 3 years ago. Always worth it in my opinion.

This. Seen them 4 times and they always put on a fantastic show; real entertainers with an enviable back catalogue to pull from.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well if she's an idiot! What am I ? I've paid over £100 several times for theatre tics. Robbie Williams at the O2 = £195 each, Jersey boys in NYC at approx' £220 each & Rod Stewart in Vegas about £180 each.

A tasteless idiot ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£100 in 1985 is approx £280 today...possibly my favourite venue but what was the set list like?

Memory not so good now but as it was just after Let's Dance it would have been based around that

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I offered £ 500, for 2 Kate Bush tickets last year, Nowhere near enough. I think the hottest theatre ticket in Town this year is Bradley Cooper, London West End in the Elephant Man, every 3 month performance sold out months in advance, ebaying for £ 600 a ticket presently. Who/what would you really push the boat out for and what would be your limit ?

You had me panicked then! I keep meaning to buy tickets to see The Elephant Man and thought I had missed my chance but there still seems to be plenty of tickets left.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here