Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is good near London Victoria station for a pint and a bite to eat

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm five mins away - head down Victoria street. There are 3 sushi places, a Pret, and a McDonalds within 2 mins on that road. The Cardinal place shopping centre (which I work above) on the other side of the road has a Pret, Nandos, M&S, Browns, All Bar One, Eat, La Tosca, Leon, Wagamamas and a Zizzi.

Is that it? :)

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
There are at least two or three pubs near St James Park tube near the Army Barracks and the Home Office, a street or two back from Victoria Street, that are quite good. Victoria is a nightmare with all the re-development at the moment.At Cardinal Place there is a food market on Thursday as well. For the cheapest breakfast ever, try and get someone to sign you into Microsoft at Cardinal Place as the canteen is really good. There is also a café downstairs in the Catholic Cathedral once you get fed up of Pret sandwiches every day.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Have worked freelance for Microsoft on various projects there and at Reading, plus attend meetings/workshops there when the opportunity arises. The café there is cheaper than the coffee bar on the concourse facing the Cathedral, about £1.40 for a Costa cappuccino. If you register for some Microsoft events in the evening at Cardinal Place, you get a good feed as well.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Have worked freelance for Microsoft on various projects there and at Reading, plus attend meetings/workshops there when the opportunity arises. The café there is cheaper than the coffee bar on the concourse facing the Cathedral, about £1.40 for a Costa cappuccino. If you register for some Microsoft events in the evening at Cardinal Place, you get a good feed as well.

I'll bet the Apple canteen pisses all over the Microsoft canteen.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Quick interview tip if you ever go for a job at Microsoft.

Never, ever turn up with a phone, tablet or laptop with an Apple logo on it. Even if the laptop runs a Microsoft operating system instead, which a lot of techies do.

Second tip - be about 40 years younger than me.......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll bet the Apple canteen pisses all over the Microsoft canteen.

Quite. I imagine scenes of staff kicking malfunctioning coffee machines and cups not quite fitting the saucers in the Microsoft canteen.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Quite. I imagine scenes of staff kicking malfunctioning coffee machines and cups not quite fitting the saucers in the Microsoft canteen.

I like the Linux canteen, you can do what you want.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Don't know about the food but for a pint it has to be the Cask on Tachbrook Street (caskpubandkitchen.com) about 10-15 minutes walk towards the river from Victoria great selection of beer. Also St Georges Tavern on Belgrave Road is a Nicholsons so good value.

Thanks for the tip I went to St Georges ...Really nice food - I had a Boar and Chorizo burger which although not massive was full of flavour... and a nice chilled atmosphere :) and prices weren't too bad either! A little tip as well if you use the free wi-fi there you can get a voucher for £5 off a £20 spend ....ker-ching!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here