Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
One of the many illogical notions people are drawn to is the belief that
the enemy of my enemy is my friend .Left wing (my own wing) political
supporters are often sympathetic to would be tyrants if they are anti -imperialist.
I find xenophobia intolerable but that does not mean I support the free
movement of labour in the EU.
I do not consider myself a Marxist.I do not advocate revolution.Recently we can
see its violent chaotic consequences from the Arab spring to the Ukraine.
I do not advocate common ownership of the whole economy.Where the private
sector provides affordable decent quality goods and services let it. Where it
doesn't healthcare,education,housing,mass transportation and the production of
sustainable non co2 producing energy let the government provide.
However Marx was correct to point out the conflict between profits and wages.
It is not the only conflict but it is inevitable.last time I looked there was over 23
million unemployed in the EU ,this constitutes a massive international reserve
army of employment putting downward pressure on wage levels, and undermining
conditions and security of labour.
It is a neoliberal wet dream delivering a docile ,grateful and cheap workforce.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you are not happy with what you see, you can always try somewhere else. I think we agree here that overpopulation is a massive issue. If the only problem with immigration is the sheer weight of numbers and the pressure they put on infrastructure then it seems to me that there are two ways of dealing with it.

1. lower the number of migrants - the problem with this is that the uncontrolled migration comes mainly from the EU and to gain control you would have to leave the EU. This has its own problems and pitfalls.
2 You improve the infrastructure to accommodate the rise in population. This may need some creative thinking to solve all the problems but i think it can be done.

1) Why should i leave
2) Yes leave the EU
3) Control immigration to suit the infrastructure, not the other way round

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you are not happy with what you see, you can always try somewhere else.

Screw you.........Why should I have to move somewhere else if I don’t like what I see? I was born and live in the greatest country on the planet.I wish it to stay that way.If I am not happy with something I see that I believe could be counter productive to that greatness I will speak out,the last thought on my mind is to say **** it and do a runner to somewhere else.

I think we agree here that overpopulation is a massive issue.

yes it is,the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about

If the only problem with immigration is the sheer weight of numbers and the pressure they put on infrastructure

you are playing with words,these are not the only two issues surrounding mass uncontrolled immigration.try and ask the same question when you also consider social cohesion,quality of life,British jobs,exploitation of immigrants,devaluation of wages

1. lower the number of migrants - the problem with this is that the uncontrolled migration comes mainly from the EU and to gain control you would have to leave the EU. This has its own problems and pitfalls.

Leave the EU is a great idea,its a revolting system.The EU open border system is a revolting joke.Poor buggers are dying in the back of lorries and drowning in the sea on the promise they can get to Europe and travel where they want to go to ........time to close the borders and stop the death travel agents.

2 You improve the infrastructure to accommodate the rise in population. This may need some creative thinking to solve all the problems but i think it can be done.

Britain has had immigrant influxes since God created it 6000 years ago(citation needed).Considering successive governments have struggled to keep infrastructure in line with population growth your notion that this problem can somehow now be resolved simply with some creative thinking is ****(I tried to think of a better way to describe it but **** seems the most apt)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
One of the many illogical notions people are drawn to is the belief that
the enemy of my enemy is my friend .Left wing (my own wing) political
supporters are often sympathetic to would be tyrants if they are anti -imperialist.
I find xenophobia intolerable but that does not mean I support the free
movement of labour in the EU.
I do not consider myself a Marxist.I do not advocate revolution.Recently we can
see its violent chaotic consequences from the Arab spring to the Ukraine.
I do not advocate common ownership of the whole economy.Where the private
sector provides affordable decent quality goods and services let it. Where it
doesn't healthcare,education,housing,mass transportation and the production of
sustainable non co2 producing energy let the government provide.
However Marx was correct to point out the conflict between profits and wages.
It is not the only conflict but it is inevitable.last time I looked there was over 23
million unemployed in the EU ,this constitutes a massive international reserve
army of employment putting downward pressure on wage levels, and undermining
conditions and security of labour.
It is a neoliberal wet dream delivering a docile ,grateful and cheap workforce.

didnt understand a word of this sorry........what was the message?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's a mess at the moment. I am pro EU but the influx into the Schegen area should be a wake up call and the Schegen agreement should be disbanded. More because mainland European countries will be overrun with non EU immigrants than the UK. Dispite the Calais mess, we take in a relative small number of non EU. However this is mainly a story about how a Tory promise has been broken. They haven't hit anywhere near the target, intact full flow reversal. Epic Fail Mr Cameron.

You are correct it is an epic fail,its obvious these targets cannot be achieved while we are members of the EU, he was having a severe blonde moment in making this promise.I hope this is a lesson to future governments that they wont make similar pledges no matter how many concerns the citizens have as its abundantly clear when it comes to EU citizens the UK has no control over who comes in.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well good luck with your referendum, seems like this is the answer to your problems.......... If the country votes to leave anyway.

Don't get menstrual about it no one said you should have to leave but the changing nature of the UK population seems to make you very upset. Free movement works both ways is all I am suggesting.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But you told me that your public school taught you how not to be petulant?

Oh well played that man ! We could also quote many of Nib's posts in Herr Tub's infamous 7 point thread as to how he was taught not to be petulant :cool:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If you are not happy with what you see, you can always try somewhere else. I think we agree here that overpopulation is a massive issue. If the only problem with immigration is the sheer weight of numbers and the pressure they put on infrastructure then it seems to me that there are two ways of dealing with it.

The more you write, the more obvious it is that you do not really appreciate the problems here, and dream up these "solutions". The idea that non EU migration is controlled is absurd - they arrive in Europe in huge and totally unpredictable numbers, and then whilst they wait for their asylum requests (assuming they wish to go through this process) to be granted or otherwise, they might then be numbered, granted, but how they appear in the first place is totally uncontrolled! We now witness how Hungary is struggling on a nightly basis with illegal and unwanted entrants into its territory, but you don't see any of this. Understandably, your experience of immigration into OZ colours your thinking, and you seem unable to grasp the reality as it is played out here every day.
And as for your last para -why has no one thought of such an utopian solution?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well good luck with your referendum, seems like this is the answer to your problems.......... If the country votes to leave anyway.

Don't get menstrual about it no one said you should have to leave but the changing nature of the UK population seems to make you very upset. Free movement works both ways is all I am suggesting.

dont know who you are talking to but the changing nature of the UK population doesnt make me very upset as people like you like to claim it does..........you are not trying to play the racist card are you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

On the topic of the referendum, it seems to have gone quiet. I recall after the election Cameron had his chest puffed out and was making certain demands (with few over here listening)....now silence. What's the latest?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
dont know who you are talking to but the changing nature of the UK population doesnt make me very upset as people like you like to claim it does..........you are not trying to play the racist card are you?

Of course I am not playing the race card. It just seems to me from these threads that a few people on here don't like the way the UK is heading in terms of population (apologies if this is not correct in your case).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
On the topic of the referendum, it seems to have gone quiet. I recall after the election Cameron had his chest puffed out and was making certain demands (with few over here listening)....now silence. What's the latest?

I wish they would get on with it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh well played that man ! We could also quote many of Nib's posts in Herr Tub's infamous 7 point thread as to how he was taught not to be petulant :cool:

come on chap.....be fair......nibble has had a superior education to many on NSC,he therefore has license and is fully allowed to tell people they are stupid as he frequently does for having an inferior education to him

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The more you write, the more obvious it is that you do not really appreciate the problems here, and dream up these "solutions". The idea that non EU migration is controlled is absurd - they arrive in Europe in huge and totally unpredictable numbers, and then whilst they wait for their asylum requests (assuming they wish to go through this process) to be granted or otherwise, they might then be numbered, granted, but how they appear in the first place is totally uncontrolled! We now witness how Hungary is struggling on a nightly basis with illegal and unwanted entrants into its territory, but you don't see any of this. Understandably, your experience of immigration into OZ colours your thinking, and you seem unable to grasp the reality as it is played out here every day.
And as for your last para -why has no one thought of such an utopian solution?

Are you in Hungry?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Calm before the storm

When the campaign really starts watch the rubbish bollocks from all sides........its going to get very nasty and divisive.........wouldnt happen in germany etc etc

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

sorry forgot to add i am a Tory but Cameron is talking and proposing a load of :censored:..........yes that began with C

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Will be over 50 if (when) Daveinpraque joins in.

dave has got banned from a few threads now,i think he has learned his lesson not to get involved when his only input is to be a tw@t

its a bit like rubbing a puppies nose in dog shit,they get the message eventually

D

Deleted member 22389

Enough is enough, far from the helping the situation the EU is just encouraging more and more people to make this Journey. Over 200 people found dead again. Is that not enough for some people just to say the most sensible option to stop these people making this journey in the first place. Something is going to give eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here