Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[tweet]596473918833098752[/tweet]

Someone said to him, lets set our promises in stone, it will be a great metaphor. And Ed, being the great leading brain that he is didn't explore the connotations with a head stone, and ploughed on with no one to tell him what an appalling idea it was.

Apparently Thatcher hated Satchii's poster 'Labour is not Working' as she didn't think you should mention the opposition, but she was convinced in the end. Clearly Miliband didn't have anyone quite so talented on his advisory team.

Mansion tax, grave stone, inability to eat a bacon roll, inability to appeal to the aspirational middle ground - **** off Ed, you've been shit.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I'm not so sure. I rarely look at Facebook these days but I've just popped on and had a look and, since the exit poll was published, my feed is awash with the lefty intellectual snobbery that grates with me - people who vote Tory are stated as being stupid and/or nasty and/or selfish and/or media sheep.

Put a Conservative sign outside your house and there's a very decent chance it will be removed or vandalised. If you're really unlucky, your property will suffer damage too.

The Bristol Conservative candidate suffered severe vandalism to both her car and that of her parents.

Is it any surprise that those who vote Conservative or consider voting Conservative keep their heads down and remain quiet? I don't think it is.
I agree with this message; the results so far have been pleasantly surprising. I thought almost everyone hated the Conservatives these days.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Must be a concern for Tory supporters that they are still unable to secure a majority?

What are they doing wrong that for 23 years the UK electorate still cannot completely trust them?

Labour have had a shocker, Miliband is a bacon sandwich buffoon, Libs fall on their swords, and yet still the Tories cannot convince the entire country they are fit to rule.

John Major pulled a bigger result than this is looking like being in '92 and he was on the back of an appalling Tory performance in the preceding years.

Come on Tory people, what are they doing wrong that they are still looking like 10 - 30 seats below a majority?

Have times just moved on? Will an overall majority be the exception rather than the rule from now on? [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] has spoken about his preference for coalition governments as often exist outside the UK. Maybe that's where we are now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is Jeremy Vine wearing brown shoes with a blue suit?

The only disappointment so far on what is shaping up to be a great night.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Have times just moved on? Will an overall majority be the exception rather than the rule from now on? [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] has spoken about his preference for coalition governments as often exist outside the UK. Maybe that's where we are now.

I hope the Conservatives make an effort at proper constitutional reform now. Give virtual independence to Scotland, more autonomy to Wales and NI - sort out EVEL and get new boundaries agreed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Must be a concern for Tory supporters that they are still unable to secure a majority?

What are they doing wrong that for 23 years the UK electorate still cannot completely trust them?

Labour have had a shocker, Miliband is a bacon sandwich buffoon, Libs fall on their swords, and yet still the Tories cannot convince the entire country they are fit to rule.

John Major pulled a bigger result than this is looking like being in '92 and he was on the back of an appalling Tory performance in the preceding years.

Come on Tory people, what are they doing wrong that they are still looking like 10 - 30 seats below a majority?

For a government in such a difficult time, a lacklustre campaign, 10% behind in the polls about a year ago and just coming out of the worst financial crisis in history and with what was thought to be a resurgent Labour Party - for that government to then increase their majority, something unheard of since 1983 and that was mainly the Falklands factor...

Please don't take this the wrong way but I think you need to take your rose-tinted specs off. Don't worry about the Tories, you need to be asking your Labour supporting chums how they f**ked it up quite so spectacularly.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah, maybe. I just hope that the Libs vote collapse doesn't mean a lurch to the right as the Tories cosy up to UKIP / DUP, whereas the Libs certainly bought them back to the centre.

Right now, I'm hoping the Libs can still get 15+ seats so that they can return as the coalition partners and keep a left slant on at least some of the policies.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I'm not so sure. I rarely look at Facebook these days but I've just popped on and had a look and, since the exit poll was published, my feed is awash with the lefty intellectual snobbery that grates with me - people who vote Tory are stated as being stupid and/or nasty and/or selfish and/or media sheep.

Put a Conservative sign outside your house and there's a very decent chance it will be removed or vandalised. If you're really unlucky, your property will suffer damage too.

The Bristol Conservative candidate suffered severe vandalism to both her car and that of her parents.

Is it any surprise that those who vote Conservative or consider voting Conservative keep their heads down and remain quiet? I don't think it is.

Labour has based their campaign and their narrative over the last 5 years on trying to create a new class war. Their rhetoric has been utterly divisive and the net result is everything you say. Even in Kinnock's time when the biggest issues were the extremely emotive subjects such as Greenham Common and nuclear war, there was a mutual respect and tolerance between peoples of different political views. Ed Millband has changed that which is one of the biggest tragedies of our time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Astonishing results these.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tories smash Labour in Nuneaton.

Milliband has got to go.

Wow!!

This is unbelievable. Car crash for Miliband of proportions I didnt think possible. Something big is happening here,

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For a government in such a difficult time, a lacklustre campaign, 10% behind in the polls about a year ago and just coming out of the worst financial crisis in history and with what was thought to be a resurgent Labour Party - for that government to then increase their majority, something unheard of since 1983 and that was mainly the Falklands factor...

Please don't take this the wrong way but I think you need to take your rose-tinted specs off. Don't worry about the Tories, you need to be asking your Labour supporting chums how they f**ked it up quite so spectacularly.

Yeah, well see my other posts!

They're not that rose tinted. :cool:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

You won't have to worry. If things go as forecast the UK is finished. And this means endless right wing government for these parts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here