Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wigan v Man City

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The same as Fergie, Mourinho and every Bayern/Real/Chelsea manager. They ALL bought their trophies, outspending the others.

Ferguson/Jose did it at smaller clubs as well.

£120 million on full backs in one summer!!

I could imagine Jose doing well at a club like Stoke, making them solid - Pep - no chance

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The BBC have spent last 25 years sniffily refusing to show pitch invaders, streakers, crowd trouble, tunnel scuffles.

They really are pompous.

Annoying, isn't it? I'd much rather watch Guardiola go loco (and Paul Cook) than listen to Jenas droning on and sticking up for his chums.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As for the BBC, Pep acting like a bell in the tunnel is EXACTLY what I pay the licence fee for. Show it FFS.
If they did then Saint Gary would have to say "Pep acting like a bell in the tunnel", and that ain't never going to happen.

I guess we should be grateful, I shudder to think how our loose cannon behaves, he probably makes Pep look like Hamble from Playschool.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty much bang on with their core support, I lived in Wigan for about 4years during the time when Martinez and Jesus played for them at Springfield Park, I went a few times watching with Wigan Ath mates they had possibly the worst away end ever, I think we drew the first time Brighton went it was freezing 2-2 if I’m right. Anyway they attracted anywhere between 2-3.5k at home back then, the rugby clubs support had already started to dwindle from the highs of 30k in the past.

Wigan RL average league attendances have been at the same level for the last 30 years:
http://wigan.rlfans.com/fusion_pages/index.php?page_id=489
(13,700 was the 2017 figure). Which is typical.

You may be thinking of very rare occasions where 30,000+ filled Central Park.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just seen it. Never, ever was that a red card.
One footed, wasn't high, took some of the ball.

Deary me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If they did then Saint Gary would have to say "Pep acting like a bell in the tunnel", and that ain't never going to happen.

I guess we should be grateful, I shudder to think how our loose cannon behaves, he probably makes Pep look like Hamble from Playschool.

Lineker always thinking of his next boot licking interview, burning no bridges.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
BBC so want city to win.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ferguson/Jose did it at smaller clubs as well.

£120 million on full backs in one summer!!

I could imagine Jose doing well at a club like Stoke, making them solid - Pep - no chance

Mourinho £700m squad and outclassed in the PL.

Both Mourinho and Pepe wouldn't last 5 minutes at Stoke. Mourinho would politic about the budget, sulk.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mourinho £700 squad and outclassed in the PL.

Both Mourinho and Pepe wouldn't last 5 minutes at Stoke. Mourinho would politic about the budget, sulk.

Jose won the CL with Porto and Inter - pretty damn impressive.

Jose is an expert at organising a defence at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here