Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pep Guardiola: Man City boss says he has run out of players after naming six substitutes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They have a host of fantastic young stars that could have been a sub but this, sadly, highlights exactly why many great young England players cannot progress in the Premier League at the top clubs.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He always has, and still does, get right on my tits that bloke. Sly dig at Burnley yesterday in his post match MOTD interview going on about how they were "a very British" team. Pep, if you don't like the way "the British" play football, bugger of back to Spain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sly dig at Burnley yesterday in his post match MOTD interview going on about how they were "a very British" team. Pep, if you don't like the way "the British" play football, bugger of back to Spain.
I didn't see it as a dig, he's aware one of his players cost more than the Burnley team, I think he was giving them credit for fighting all game. If it was a dig, I think it was more against British football in general than against Burnley.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Even my local club East Preston could muster up enough subs if necessary. Even Brighton called on Tanno when needed. He just talks out of his arse.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It wouldn't make a jot of difference whether they put a youngster on the bench or not, in terms of development of English young players, it might be a moment that that youngster can tell his mates, especially if he doesn't progress to have a meaningful career but if those pundits had anything about them they should be challenging the whole structure of the English football week in week out but of course they are paid handsomely to promote the virtues of the PL, frustrating to see them suddenly get demonstrative at something wholly irrelevant.

Oct 25, 2003
I find it outstanding how someone who placed such a great amount of importance in developing from within at Barcelona has just turned into a “throw shitloads of cash at it and hope for the best” type manager and suddenly seems to have very little interest in investing in players long term- despite their owners spending a fortune on improving the club’s youth facilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Their development squad played the day before which was why no youth players featured.

The club would have known the 1st team was light with injuries before the development squad game and could have planned accordingly however.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Their development squad played the day before which was why no youth players featured.

The club would have known the 1st team was light with injuries before the development squad game and planned accordingly however.

Bless 'em, they couldn't put a youth on the bench for 90 mins, someone that would never have been used anyway. Sorry, but that's bollocks.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Bless 'em, they couldn't put a youth on the bench for 90 mins, someone that would never have been used anyway. Sorry, but that's bollocks.

I agree it would have been a good experience for some of the youth players. The fact they had a game on the Friday is of course a factor that no one had mentioned before though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree it would have been a good experience for some of the youth players. The fact they had a game on the Friday is of course a factor that no one had mentioned before though.

As a kid, I would have played 10 times a day, so I don't buy into that excuse.

The club would have known the 1st team was light with injuries before the development squad game and could have planned accordingly however.

If a young player couldn't walk from the dressing room to the bench having played the day before I suggest they look at their fitness regime.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Clearly Pep is trying to make some sort of point

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Clearly Pep is trying to make some sort of point

That was the consensus on Sunday Supplement. There was an initial suggestion it might have been about the inability to pull off the Mahrez transfer, but I think they finally agreed it was more about the number of injuries his team have suffered due to some poor challenges in recent games.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here