Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League 29/9 - 1/10

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t think Newcastle are anywhere near certain (sadly). They’ve got one of the best managers in the league and he could grind out enough low scoring wins/draws to keep them up. But the lack of quality in front of goal is incredible for a club that has spent so much time in the PL so they’ll be down there all season.

Huddersfield and Cardiff look almost certain. We just need them to get well behind the ‘one point per game’ run rate now and for their heads to drop. I really admire their achievement in getting promoted so I feel bad for saying this, but I genuinely feel like Cardiff could challenge Derby’s 11 point record. They’ve got nothing.

Agree about Rafa. A master tactician of each game, even with their lack of squad investment. Stains fans on phone ins tonight were very gloomy and resigned. We need a few clubs to stay as win thrift as us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It would not surprise me if the 17th team in the PL stays up with a low points total.

I know others disagree with this, but IMO the huge player investment in quality made by the likes of West Ham, Everton and Wolves has taken them completely out of the mix, which would also mean that are a whole host of top clubs from which the others will struggle to get three points off home or away.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Agreed. We need as many teams in the mix as possible so if Newcastle or Huddersfield get out of it there are plenty of contenders to drop in, not just us. We know most teams near the bottom will need to win the majority of their games at home against other bottom 14 teams.

We’ve only had Fulham so far (and not winning that is balanced out by the bonus points from Man Utd). Cardiff have only had Newcastle. And Huddersfield have had Palace and Cardiff.

But Southampton’s start has arguably been even worse as they’ve already blown three of their big opportunities for wins - Burnley, Leicester and us. 16 home games for them to come and still including all the big six.

Says it all really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh loving the shading [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION].

So with Cardiff v Burnley and Bournemouth v palace left, the Premier League weekend is pretty much over, how was it for you? :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know Sky have to be fair, but I couldn’t believe it when I saw this was the sole Sunday fixture. Two teams who play direct tedious shite.

Thank god for the Ryder Cup.

I suspect the two are related: stick a game on to fulfil some obligations when you know almost everyone will be watching the golf. Job's a good'un.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I take it Barnes isn't one of the 2, as 'the' thread hasn't been bounced yet.
Fingers crossed it's not Vydra either, as I might have to look for some humble pie recipes.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Expecting a goalfest tonight, just hope more of them go in the right end than the wrong one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here