Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Durham v Sussex

Jimmy Grimble

Just seen the post match interviews on Sky - not once did the Durham captain moan about the Stokes LBW decision.

Imagine a similar scenario in football where the best player suffers a perceived injustice? You'd get nothing else from the captain/manager other than slating the officials post match.

Showed some real class there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And for once Sky has worked in our favour with no match on Finals Day thanks to Southampton (a) on the Monday. Off to Edgbaston we go..... :)

Good luck with getting tickets..

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just seen the post match interviews on Sky - not once did the Durham captain moan about the Stokes LBW decision.

Imagine a similar scenario in football where the best player suffers a perceived injustice? You'd get nothing else from the captain/manager other than slating the officials post match.

Showed some real class there.

I also saw the pre-game interview with Mark Wood - came across very well. Plus the Durham lads applauded Evans' 50 which must have been hard. Durham are now my official 2nd team - anyone who plays and watches cricket in sub-Artic conditions deserves all the support they can get.

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
I also saw the pre-game interview with Mark Wood - came across very well. Plus the Durham lads applauded Evans' 50 which must have been hard. Durham are now my official 2nd team - anyone who plays and watches cricket in sub-Artic conditions deserves all the support they can get.

Fair point and also this week saw all the Derby guys applaud century from Ben Brown in county game, not talking high 5's and major hands over head applause but respect, especially as they were on top of game till Brown scored his ton. One of the reasons I love the sport, even if i fear for its future

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Fair point and also this week saw all the Derby guys applaud century from Ben Brown in county game, not talking high 5's and major hands over head applause but respect, especially as they were on top of game till Brown scored his ton. One of the reasons I love the sport, even if i fear for its future

Totally agree. The county championship has been written off more times than I've had hot dinners but it survives and provides a great back-drop to the summer. I'm of an age where it was just about the only show in town - I started watching cricket when the old Gillette Cup was in its early days. Who'd have thought (at the time) that limited overs formats would become the main course and not just a side dish. Looking on the bright side, there's something for everyone now and as long as England can keep filling the grounds for home Tests, re-filling the county coffers, getting a good deal from the TV companies then the texture of county cricket might be preserved for years to come.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sussex to play Somerset in the semi

Jimmy Grimble

Disgraceful allocation.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just got this email

Attachments

• T20.jpeg
    T20.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 297

Jimmy Grimble

Bet there's a lot of disappointed fans.

How can anyone have justified giving 23,000 tickets to neutrals, and just 500 to the 4 semi finalists?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here