Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He usually is these days. Hope it's fun, look forward to hearing about it!

Gig was enjoyable but he was not as fun and talkative as the last Brighton gig. He was on for 1 hour and 45 and it did flounder in the middle and he ended the main bit with Religion which lasted near on 15 minutes; had lost a lot of the audience's attention at this point. But the encore was Public Image followed by Rise which rescued the floor nicely.

Jul 7, 2003
Waiting for [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] to post his review of Half Man Half Biscuit last night. Had to give up my ticket for the night but told by my mate that their encore cover was Odyssey's 'Use it up, wear it out' - something which sounds so strange and wonderful.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Waiting for [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] to post his review of Half Man Half Biscuit last night. Had to give up my ticket for the night but told by my mate that their encore cover was Odyssey's 'Use it up, wear it out' - something which sounds so strange and wonderful.

Unfortunately I did not make that one. I do like the the sound of the encore cover though. Comprehensive review here
http://cobweb.businesscollaborator.com/hmhb/guest/index.htm

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I missed them at TOM earlier this year so pleased to see Villagers playing St G Church Fri 12 Feb. Tix on sale this Wed if you like that kind of thing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I missed them at TOM earlier this year so pleased to see Villagers playing St G Church Fri 12 Feb. Tix on sale this Wed if you like that kind of thing.

Thanks. They were great at The Old Market (as was Luke Sital-Singh).

With Kurt Vile returning (I missed out on tickets for his next show - but he's coming again!) in February, winter is looking less unappealing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going to see HOT CHIP at Cambridge on Wednesday :thumbsup:
Must make sure I get the right date this time :blush: (missed an Enter Shikari gig last year, oops).

Enjoy. They've always been good but I've seen them twice this year and they are one band which has really found some form. Their new live sound is excellent.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
One more plug for the Phantom Band tomorrow night at Sticky Mikes, if you can drag yourself away from Back to the Future II then this one will be a belter.

Egon Spengler

Jul 5, 2011
One more plug for the Phantom Band tomorrow night at Sticky Mikes, if you can drag yourself away from Back to the Future II then this one will be a belter.

Sounds like it's off tonight as they've had their gear stolen in France. Hope they get themselves back home OK.

The Phantom Band ‏@ThePhantomBand 34m34 minutes ago Villeneuve-d'Ascq, Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Afraid that once again all of our gear has been stolen. All future dates are cancelled. Sorry

I'd embed the tweet if i had more NSC skills.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sounds like it's off tonight as they've had their gear stolen in France. Hope they get themselves back home OK.

The Phantom Band ‏@ThePhantomBand 34m34 minutes ago Villeneuve-d'Ascq, Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Afraid that once again all of our gear has been stolen. All future dates are cancelled. Sorry

I'd embed the tweet if i had more NSC skills.

I've just seen that news. Gutted. Saw them in Vienna last week and they were superb.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Bollocks, was really looking forwards to tonight. It's going to be an almighty ball ache for them to replace all that kit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here