Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away fans Friday

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Touts offering tickets near the bandstand close to kick off. Obviously no takers. Pretty blatant about it too. Shame the stewards/plods weren't interested

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got the train up from Brighton on Friday and there was one blatantly looking for business outside Falmer station too.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I find it so tedious complaining about where Man Utd fans live. We have fans in Ruislip I believe but we don’t get other teams asking why they don’t support Watford, or indeed Ruislip. There are obviously good reasons for their Albion support. Aren’t we pleased to have such Albion fans dotted around the world? Ok, some Man Utd picked them as their team because they were winning things but would’t It be worse if they now changed to City or Brighton for the same reason?

BTW I thought united fans were pretty loud for a good hour, then celebratory (Wemberley) nearer the end.

Lets focus on how loud we were on Friday and think about how we can get it like that more often.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I had a few friends in the away end. Man U season sticker holders, one of them, even if from Manchester.
They said similar about us, said it was quiet until the goal. Not the type to try a wind up and I’m not the type to bite anyway.
Videos of them in the bar letting off flares and singing songs about Ronaldo during the match, don’t think they were too bothered.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I had a few friends in the away end. Man U season sticker holders, one of them, even if from Manchester.
They said similar about us, said it was quiet until the goal. Not the type to try a wind up and I’m not the type to bite anyway.
Videos of them in the bar letting off flares and singing songs about Ronaldo during the match, don’t think they were too bothered.

Seems to be more of a case of both sets of fans singing quite consistently and therefore not hearing each other as opposite ends of the ground. Both us and united certainly sounded loud until we scored and then united went quiet and we got louder

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Touts offering tickets near the bandstand close to kick off. Obviously no takers. Pretty blatant about it too. Shame the stewards/plods weren't interested

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There were touts by the wheelchair lift from the coachpark around 5:45, offering tickets for sale, and also asking to buy. I guess you’re just never going to stop it going on. Especially with the draw that is United.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No Albion season ticket holding United fans making themselves heard in the home stands?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oh? There were away fans? That must have been the red splash at the end of the ground. I didn't hear a peep from that side of the Amex all night.

You might want to go and see someone about your hearing, they were making much more noise than the home end for most of the game :lolol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You might want to go and see someone about your hearing, they were making much more noise than the home end for most of the game :lolol:

Knowing that you don’t go to games, that is simply untrue. The ground was rocking for the entire first half, then went quiet after HT pretty much until we scored. After that it was constantly loud for the rest of the match.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Completely wrong. They were loud a few times in the first half. Very subdued after, once it became apparent that they were Man United, and they are crap.

theboybilly

There were definitely a few visable spots of empty away seats compared to other visitors.......Man Utd fans harvesting their loyalty point scheme? surely not .

They were standing in the aisles (like Albion fans do at most games) hence the empty seats towards the SW corner. United fans weren't loud at all, though their team didn't give them much to get excited about.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course they sold out. Could have probably taken 30k with all their plastic fans. Just last min no shows etc. I do think they were making noise - I could see movement, but anyone north end will know we were so loud it couldn’t be heard. It’s are actually usually amongst the loudest and best away fans in the country - you can always hear that on the tv - some are being harsh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

They really weren’t.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
They were standing in the aisles (like Albion fans do at most games) hence the empty seats towards the SW corner. United fans weren't loud at all, though their team didn't give them much to get excited about.

This. Empty seats were simply, for the most part, because they were standing squashed up in the centre of the South, which is why there were empty seats in the SE and SW corners. Didn't see many of them sitting. They stood, sang for 15 min, then walked out early (most of them). Can't blame them, after the pathetic performance their team put in (largely because we bossed them so much, especially in midfield).

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

The acoustics at either end of the ground are poor when it comes to hearing the opposite end. I witnessed this first hand when sitting somewhere different for the Coventry game and sat near the south-west corner. The Cov fans were loud throughout and yet I saw comments on here from people who sat in the north that day and remarked at how quiet the Cov fans were !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here