Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Telegraph's take on our run-in...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Pointless.

They should have prepared a graph of the league table of the last 8 games and taken the average position of this table, that’s what’s more relevant.

Unfortunately for us, Everton, burnley and Leicester all gunning for the Europa league spot if a top 6 side wins the FA Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burnley havent won since December I believe and Everton are terrible inder fat Sam.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not bothered what the papers say. When we need a good performance, the players tend to always come up with it and that has kept us above the bottom 3 all season. We aint consistent but none of the teams around us have come to the Amex and beaten us

We have only lost three games at the Amex all season, and that is to top 6 sides. Beat or draw with teams around us, and that keeps them in the same position or lower.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
......Sorry not in the "Nearly safe camp "........Our run in is very difficult,and a 37 point safe target ,in this very strange season ,might not be enough......teams will fight like dogs to stay up.Not expecting Arsenal to roll over,and that might focus everyone ,more !!!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
All good points, but I think it is focusing on the stats (avg position of opponents) rather than the other stuff, so it does the job in that respect....

Have to disagree here. Opinion pieces don't annoy me, they are just that, an opinion. Inaccurate/irrelevant statistical analysis I find pretty annoying. The position of opponents in isolation means nothing, they have looked at the points that are being faced which is good but the home or away part is very important. Our run in is almost certainly the most difficult however you look at it, but the Arsenal and Leicester home games are far easier fixtures than this article allows for. Burnley away too.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Doesn't work that way though, does it?

Hardly anyone we are playing has anything riding on the game/have far more important European games, whilst those with an 'easy' run-in have to play the bottom-dwellers fighting for their lives.
Also doesn't account for Southampton having far more away games and West Ham having loads at home.
Current form, morale and injuries all cast aside.
Nor does it account for the utter shitness of Southampton, West Brom & Stoke's management. Fancy Carvahal to have a much trickier end to the season too.
So it serves only as a reminder that no-one knows what will happen.

But, if we win two more games and keep our GD advantage then we have a 95% chance of staying up.

Southampton’s four home games are tough, draw against stoke and they really could be going down:

Stoke
Chelsea
Bournemouth
Man city

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Southampton’s four home games are tough, draw against stoke and they really could be going down:

Stoke
Chelsea
Bournemouth
Man city

Yup. Although, irritatingly, they've been better away from home this season (the not playing in a morgue, factor?)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Stoke
Chelsea
Bournemouth
Man city

But Southampton play better away from home, and they have six away games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More sloppy journalism. Based purely on league positions. "8th. at home to 10th? 8th. will win. 10th. at home to 8th? 10th. might win on home advantage. 11th. or 12th. at home to 8th? Probably a draw"............an so on.
In their world, none of the top six ever get beaten by one of the other fourteen - it just doesn't register in their consciousness. I doubt if they realised, or believed, that Swansea recently beating Arsenal and Liverpool ever happened; they're certainly assuming nothing like it will ever happen between now and the end of the season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pointless.

They should have prepared a graph of the league table of the last 8 games and taken the average position of this table, that’s what’s more relevant.

Here you go: Teams ranked from 1 to 20 on their last four home games and ranked separately on their form in their last four away games. E.g Man City are 1st for home form, but 5th for away form. Southampton bizarrely are 20th for their home form, but 4th for their away form. Each team's remaining opponent given a number 1-20 based on their home or away form and the final total divided by 10 to give a mean position for each of their remaining 10 opponents. On current form our remaining fixtures are the 10th hardest. West Brom do look doomed however you measure it.

West Brom 9.00
Watford 9.40
Chelsea 9.60
West Ham 9.60
Everton 9.70
Southampton 9.70
Newcastle 9.80
Man Utd 10.00
Stoke 10.00
Brighton 10.20
Huddersfield 10.60
Leicester 10.70
Man City 10.70
Bournemouth 10.80
Swansea 10.80
Crystal Palace 11.30
Arsenal 11.60
Tottenham 11.90
Liverpool 12.60
Burnley 12.70

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Pointless.

Unfortunately for us, Everton, burnley and Leicester all gunning for the Europa league spot if a top 6 side wins the FA Cup.

Nonsense. The last 6 games

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I agree with the Telegraph, our run in is the hardest and we will not get points against the top 6, Chris already believes this and it is shown by his team selection and tactics when we play them.
We must get our survival points from the other games and if not then we will go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here