Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ? Meeja whore that he is...

I heard him on Radio Sussex the other day, it was only when he made a comment about how well a "small" club like Crystal Palace had done in the Premier League that I realised who it was :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I heard him on Radio Sussex the other day, it was only when he made a comment about how well a "small" club like Crystal Palace had done in the Premier League that I realised who it was :lolol:

that's his catchphrase :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He was there, we all shook his hand, he had tears in his eyes

IMG_0155.JPG

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
DK saved the club, TB got it to the Premier League. Both outstanding achievements and recognised as such. However, 20 years is a long time and there are probably a lot of media there yesterday who were only concerned about the present and the future, as opposed to the past (or at least the people INVOLVED in the past).

Yep, it's easy to throw money at a problem if you have that sort of wealth. What is more commendable is the time, effort, ingenuity, grit and tenacity shown by a whole heap of people, topped by DK, who made sure that there was still a club there for TB to invest in and get to the promised land.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
A couple of minutes before kick off was looking up at 1901 tier from west lower - TB was in seat and DK came down aisle stood next to TB for a chat for couple of minutes and shook his hand before moving along to his seat at other end of row

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
A couple of minutes before kick off was looking up at 1901 tier from west lower - TB was in seat and DK came down aisle stood next to TB for a chat for couple of minutes and shook his hand before moving along to his seat at other end of row

That's good to know, certainly DK's comments on RSx this morning were extremely complimentary about TB and the Board. Hopefully there has been a warming of relations, because both TB & DK are equal Albion heros.

After all it is #Together....... or as GE Jottings said 'Together we will win' (Gulls' Eye c1996/7).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's about Tony, Chris, the players and the fans.

I don't think anyone else has been quoted. I haven't seen anything from Paul Barber, Martin Perry, Derek Chapman etc. either.
Yep, yday was all about Tony, Chris and the boys. Dicks a class act and for that reason he let the next generation bask instead. We the fans and a fair proportion of the media know all the background so doesn't matter anyway.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's good to know, certainly DK's comments on RSx this morning were extremely complimentary about TB and the Board. Hopefully there has been a warming of relations, because both TB & DK are equal Albion heros.

After all it is #Together....... or as GE Jottings said 'Together we will win' (Gulls' Eye c1996/7).

I saw you yday Paul with your sons heading to the East pre match and wanted to give you a great big kiss for everything you've done for this club. Count yourself very lucky I was sober as a fat middle aged man hugging you is never a good look. Especially with national media in town!! :) We salute you nonetheless for your outstanding contribution to yesterday. Simply wouldn't have happened without you and the other fan leaders.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
There was a verse or two of 'There's only one Dick Knight' from the pitch invaders which, despite not scanning very well, seemed to be appreciated by his entourage. I made a point of looking over at Sir Tony and he was absolutely beaming, happy to share the plaudits.
They're big boys. They can figure it out.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Yep Dick Knight and many others from that era are heros.

Those that disagree should remember there was no que of people looking to take over the club and steer us to where we are today.

He may not have got everything right but there is no doubt that we wouldn't be here today without him.

Cheers Dick!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep Dick Knight and many others from that era are heros.

Those that disagree should remember there was no que of people looking to take over the club and steer us to where we are today.

He may not have got everything right but there is no doubt that we wouldn't be here today without him.

Cheers Dick!
Their was a few and in the end the potless pillock got saved by bloom who paid the many millions of debts that knight couldn't pay...but saying that he contributed to our survival and did spend 1.5 million of his own money in 10 years even though he's got that back now.
I wasn't the biggest fan of him but respect him

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
None of this would have happened without Dick or Tony. Or indeed Liam Brady, who first got DK involved.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Their was a few and in the end the potless pillock got saved by bloom who paid the many millions of debts that knight couldn't pay...but saying that he contributed to our survival and did spend 1.5 million of his own money in 10 years even though he's got that back now.
I wasn't the biggest fan of him but respect him

You're saying he's got the money he put in back?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I did put this on that video thread but will add it here too if that's okay. It's a video of the pitch invasion but focuses on Dick Knight at around 9 seconds in, he's just below centre of the video right at the far left of the director's box.

I took the video because it made me quite sad to see him stuck on the periphery whilst everyone else was lapping up the applause. I was wishing Tony Bloom to bury his differences for just one moment and call Dick Knight over to share the accolades. Alas, it wasn't to be but whatever our views on DK there's no denying that he was the one who saved our club in 97 from Archer and Belotti.

Cheers Dick, even though you didn't get the recognition you deserved on Monday we all remember what you did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F_dYCcR6e8

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Did he get the begging bowls out?
Potless pillock....

I've seen the term "Potless pillock" used on here a few times. Can you let us know exactly what this means in relation to DK? If it relates to his lack of considerable wealth, then I wasn't aware that he ever said he was minted and would put all his money into the club.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I've seen the term "Potless pillock" used on here a few times. Can you let us know exactly what this means in relation to DK? If it relates to his lack of considerable wealth, then I wasn't aware that he ever said he was minted and would put all his money into the club.
It's just a wind up from people who like winding other people up on NSC. Everybody actually appreciates what Dick Knight did for this club :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dick just been interviewed on SSN from Withdean. Bound to be repeated for those that want to see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here