Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marine Parade Average Speed Camera.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Heading west from Brighton Marina, a camera just before Dukes Mound captures your number plate. When you reach Charlotte Street, you are caught again and if you have driven on average of more than 30 m.p.h. (probably 36 in reality), you'll receive a nice letter in the post.
If you think you can be crafty by driving down to Madeira Drive, don't worry as there's a camera there too just before the Volks Railway terminus!
The old speed camera by the lift has been taken out of service.
What about if you speed like a lunatic taking no notice of the initial camera, keep to the top road and turn up Bedford Street, hence avoiding the second camera?
No nice letter Shirley?

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Heading west from Brighton Marina, a camera just before Dukes Mound captures your number plate. When you reach Charlotte Street, you are caught again and if you have driven on average of more than 30 m.p.h. (probably 36 in reality), you'll receive a nice letter in the post.
If you think you can be crafty by driving down to Madeira Drive, don't worry as there's a camera there too just before the Volks Railway terminus!
The old speed camera by the lift has been taken out of service.
What about if you speed like a lunatic taking no notice of the initial camera, keep to the top road and turn up Bedford Street, hence avoiding the second camera?
No nice letter Shirley?

Also no warning signs untill half way through !

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Most times when heading along there i more than often turn up Bedford St to get to Freshfield ind est, so can ignore the speed limit, but one day.................
I guess i will not turn off and keep going through the camera :(

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This!
Just stick to the speed limit, and you won't have a problem.
I certainly wasn't advocating or intending doing this, but having driven that way this morning and turning up Bedford Street, I wondered if this is what people might do? Also a little heads-up for those that didn't know about this new scheme for this stretch of road.

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The taxi drivers doing 50 and then braking will have to change their ways.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All these tricks to beat a camera set-reminds me of the A23 Bolney to Handcross roadworks a few years ago,when making that stretch of road 3 lanes each way,most (normal) people would do about 38 throughout-

BUT!!

Always some fool who would speed the first stretch at about 80mph and then proceed to do the last 3rd at 20mph,much to the annoyance of everybody else...

Edit: It was a 40mph average speed limit..

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I once got flashed by a fixed camera on London Road.

While walking. No cars on the road at the time, so it wasn't detecting any other motion. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] was there as far as I remember. Are they generally that badly calibrated?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I didn't think there were any average speed cameras in Sussex, let alone Brighton, considering the majority of the counties silver driver brigade.

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
The Sussex Safer Roads Partnership camera map is showing the camera site data for these as operating in BOTH directions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here